JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i'm really not sure where to put this announcement. So Mods, please move it if there is a better place.

Some of us have been worried about long time member Argonaut, who lives on a ranch in Idaho and has been a very active member.

I received a text message this morning from Karen, David's (Argonaut's) wife.

I'm sorry to say that David succumbed to his heart problems on Feb 5, 2019.

Argonaut was a very active member for a long time. He was into high quality older European firearms, especially German, and owned/collected quite a few. He had a varied working and business career and for many years operated a seagoing salvage business. I don't know much about it other than his writings here, but he had contracts with a lot of government offices that needed his boats and services. This fall he was interested in a 180' boat in Germany and wanted me to help bring it across the pond to the USA. He was like that, always offering to share his time and belongings. I never did get to see his ranch, but did go fishing with him on Brownlee.

He will be missed!!!

I was sure hoping to fish with him this year but we had not made a plan.:(
RIP Brother, will see you in the hereafter.

Yes, last year we worked at going out Koke fishing on Wallowa Lake. Argonaut bought a fish finder and two rather expensive downriggers. But David was so busy that we didn't get to complete our mission.

David and his wife became active in the Republican political scene and hosted a big party out at their ranch after the election. He invited me, but I'm very crowd shy so I declined. He was always inviting me to dinner. He had mucho gusto!!

Yes, last year we worked at going out Koke fishing on Wallowa Lake. Argonaut bought a fish finder and two rather expensive downriggers. But David was so busy that we didn't get to complete our mission.

David and his wife became active in the Republican political scene and hosted a big party out at their ranch after the election. He invited me, but I'm very crowd shy so I declined. He was always inviting me to dinner. He had mucho gusto!!

I was waiting for this spring yo have a conversation with him & you to set something concrete up.

I've been fortunate enough to have known many oldtimers like him and have become a better person.
Bless him and his family and friends.

I was waiting for this spring yo have a conversation with him & you to set something concrete up.

I've been fortunate enough to have known many oldtimers like him and have become a better person.
Bless him and his family and friends.

We could do a memorial trip to Wallowa Lake in his honor.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top