JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That sucks .
I had a few good conversation with him about the salvage thing .
He did a lot of work out of Santa Barbara California.
Around the time I was living there.
I was wondering what happened to him the other day.
That guy knew a lot about boats and ships.
And Yes he will be missed.

Dang.... we had both worked out that we were kin, both descendants of the Wright (Bothers) clan... I had an open invite to come out to his place, daaaaannnggg.

Why couldn't it have been Bill Clinton, or RBG instead?! :(

Time goes by faster than we think... lives are shorter than we think. Might be best to live for today, for tomorrow may never come. I sure wanted to see his ranch and shoot with him, see all his firearms. And I'm bummed I didn't get to fish for Kokes in his company.

That sucks .
I had a few good conversation with him about the salvage thing .
He did a lot of work out of Santa Barbara California.
Around the time I was living there.
I was wondering what happened to him the other day.
That guy knew a lot about boats and ships.
And Yes he will be missed.

Seemed to know a lot about many things. His stories of big game hunting were amazing! What was it he said about his military years... some kind of special forces rescue ops? My memory is shot, but I could see it because he was a big big man! Way over six feet tall and just big... his fists were the size of hams.

Sad new, indeed. I had a bad feeling that maybe something like this might have transpired last fall and was relieved to hear that he was just busy. We lost a lot of knowledge with his passing. Condolences to his family.

Dave was a part of something quite special and unique, his service in the A.F. and contributions to the CSAR mission were a major contributing factor in the transformation of that mission that led to the P.J's becoming the worlds premiere combat search and rescue forces we are today!

We shared that brotherhood, and were good friends. We shared many conversations and lots of laughs and lots of tears, and though we never got to meet in person, none the less, it was my honor to know him and call him Brother!

Dave was a part of something quite special and unique, his service in the A.F. and contributions to the CSAR mission were a major contributing factor in the transformation of that mission that led to the P.J's becoming the worlds premiere combat search and rescue forces we are today!

We shared that brotherhood, and were good friends. We shared many conversations and lots of laughs and lots of tears, and though we never got to meet in person, none the less, it was my honor to know him and call him Brother!

Not many people know that the USCG and Navy rescue swimmer specialty came about because of the Canadian and U.S. Air Force paving the way. That specialty transformed the way the Coast Guard does Air Rescue right about the time I left in 1980.

Thanx for sharing. And thank you for your distinguished service!!!

UPDATE: For those that want to attend, there will be a memorial at Argonaut's ranch home just outside of Weiser on March 16th, 1pm. We are invited by Karen, David's widow.

If you think you can make it there, send me a PM and I will reply with the address.

bb

I have been wondering about him. I am sad to see him go.
Was kind enough to offer to help me look for shotguns if ever I had the money, which was of great value to me as a beginner. Always had some interesting contribution to the conversation.
RIP

UPDATE: For those that want to attend, there will be a memorial at Argonaut's ranch home just outside of Weiser on March 16th, 1pm. We are invited by Karen, David's widow.

If you think you can make it there, send me a PM and I will reply with the address.

bb
@bbbass I personally won't be able to make it...but if you will let Karen know that David was a respected and appreciated member here and that we will miss him greatly, especially his life stories/experiences, that would be awesome.

Done. I will be reiterating that when I attend. I've met a few of David's family and they are good people. I'm sure I will get to learn a lot more about him, and get to see some of his gun collection and maybe some hunting pics... not the way I wanted to do that. :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top