JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few things....well quite a few. :p

While the Profiteers and Johnny Come Latelys are an irritation - I do believe in and support the free market. Supply & Demand and all. In the long run it is a healthy thing. Wait it out.

Personally I don't think the ban will pass. I think all of what is going on is a positive thing that will pay off in the end for the patient. If it does....I'm already more than well stocked.

I have no problems with a guy who has had some AR's sitting around for years....making a couple (or quite a few) bucks off some knee jerks who are now in a panic buying frenzy. In the back of my mind...if these last minute folks who just have to have an AR now would have gotten one before any mention of bans were being muttered - they would be fine. They waited til what they think is the last moment to get one. Sorry, don't feel too sorry for ya. The jaded prepper in me you know. Plan ahead and rest well. Wait til the last moment or when the enemies are storming the gates - then suffer.

Shame on me for planning a head and if I want, to then sell a spare AR at a healthy profit to the panicked masses? Hell no! Feel sorry for someone waiting til the last moment and then are butt hurt that you have to pay for their procrastination or not thinking ahead. Hell no! Shame on them.

Do you think that most of these last minute buyers will still have their AR 5 years from now if the ban doesn't pass? Sure a few...but most will sell off if/when things settle down.

Just like the Y2K panic buys and then the selloff January 2, of 2000. I made out well. Very well on the 2nd of January... I was well stocked and prepared prior to the whole Y2K panic. Didn't have to buy a thing. Sat back and enjoyed the entertainment/mess of everyone running around with their heads cut off. Made out like a bandit when the lemmings had to pay their credit card bills and dumped all of their new/unused preps that they needed so badly for January 1st....then suddenly had no use for on the 2nd. Knee jerk fools. Their loss - my gain.

I'm doing the same thing now. Let the fools make a run on items and over pay on arms that they didn't seem to need or want a month ago. Let the shelves run empty. Let the manufacturers run into back orders for months....switching to 24/7 shifts to meet the demand. Let the ban not pass (I hope LOL). Let the manufactures catch up. Let the lemmings dump their panic buys at a loss. Let those who plan ahead, those who have appreciated these types of arms (not just last second when they suddenly may not be able to get them) profit in the long run.

In the end this will benefit myself and others who really care about these arms and plan ahead. I will profit in the end with no shame. Let the "investors" and procrastinating last second panic buyers lose. It's a gamble when you wait to the last second. You lose on that gamble? I don't feel sorry for you. I don't gamble. I plan ahead. I don't put off. I don't regret.

Look on the bright side. Huge demand drives a boost in production. Local gun stores are having banner sales, and brother, let 'em have their day. Their profits now will help make up for skinny times otherwise. Manufacturers are actually hiring people (say it ain't so!) to ramp up production. Manufacturing supply lines are also enjoying the benefits. If people are foolish enough to pay these prices ... well it's their money to throw away. Nobody will wipe their tears for them in 12 -18 months when the panic has subsided and prices return to normal. Speaking of 18 months from now, I expect prices to come down in the long run as a result of demand falling off and supply running high. Add to that the dummies who buy now and realize they just don't shoot, then try to dump off their toys 'cause there's some new fad they have to have. I'm more irritated at ammo prices/availability, but that'll sort out a lot faster than black guns.

Let the manufacturers run into back orders for months….switching to 24/7 shifts to meet the demand. Let the ban not pass (I hope LOL). Let the manufactures catch up. Let the lemmings dump their panic buys at a loss. Let those who plan ahead, those who have appreciated these types of arms (not just last second when they suddenly may not be able to get them) profit in the long run.

Well put; I love the upcoming backstock of all things AR-related that will surely hit the classified soon! I just wish the run on ammunition components will stop soon!

I am only annoyed because next month I had planned to start building a new AR. Nothing to do with a ban; I just budget my gun purchases over the year and building an AR was up next. Honestly I can't believe people are buying stuff at the prices they are. I just saw a blem, yes BLEM, stripped forged lower on AR15 sell for 350. I looked up the MSRP on the manufacturer's website and it was $170 for a BNIB. People are being crazy.

The other day I saw one member trying to get $1,000 on a Ruger 10/22 ... Now there's another one trying to get $1,500 for a FN Scar copy in .22LR

Are all these people going crazy?

What is your input? Because I don't think there will be any ban ... Both Republicans and Democrats know if they support such a ban, they will definitely loose the next election ... This is just a smokescreen ... Same happened after each shooting. And if they impose a ban, that will not solve anything. Lanza killed all those poor victims with 2 Glocks ... "Gun free zones" are an invitation for deranged people like Lanza to prey on unarmed victims.

I think people who are trying to capitalize on "assault weapons" now are just greedy and they are no better than the Wall Street bankers.

Just my 2c.

Let's equate this to gold. Back when gold was a mere $500.00-$600.00 an ounce the demand was not as great to own gold. But now that the world's economy has gone to heck, gold has become in great demand. So now the price of gold is up over $1,000.00 an ounce. Should we be mad at the gold dealers for driving up the price when the demand was far more greater than normal? Look at the world of narcotics? The price of a gram of coke in Hawaii is going to be far more expensive than a gram of coke in Miami. It's simple supply and demand. When the demand for a product is great, the price goes up!

I am not in the market but i do find it silly that so many people are in a panic. I have never seen so many AR15's for sale in my life...so not sure why the prices are so high.....seems to me the "selling" of them is overwhelming the actual demand from a potential buyer. Supply and demand?...to much supply...not enough demand!

I am not in the market but i do find it silly that so many people are in a panic. I have never seen so many AR15's for sale in my life...so not sure why the prices are so high.....seems to me the "selling" of them is overwhelming the actual demand from a potential buyer. Supply and demand?...to much supply...not enough demand!

Once people quit paying the idiot prices you'll start to see less overpriced for sale ads.

I bought more than I needed over the last few years knowing that the piece of trash in the whitehouse and his Marxist/Cloward and Piven buddies would sooner or later get to that darn 2nd amendment. He can't truly rule until you need him for everything and only the government can "protect" you.

How's that liberal gun club that was bouncing around here working out?

What's crazy is my birthday is in March. I planned on buy a high-end .308 AR. Now the availability is in the crapper as well as the price that went from $3300 to $3900+. I also see ARs and M1As on consignment at shops for 2-3 grand.

Pawn shop in Newberg has been sitting on a basic saiga in 7.62x39, with a big scope and bi-pod for several months for around ~$450 for the package. Just went in there today, still had the rifle, removed the scope and bipod. $999.99 Yah, stupid.

supply and demand is a capitalist system. i wouldn't want the government to control it. if some people want to sell high and buy high. good for them. i will wait till the price goes down.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top