JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't like what's going on any more than the next guy, but I don't like to be too harsh on the buyers. Their feeling that there is a limited time to get some of these things is just as valid as those who think things will return to 'normal' in a month. Nobody really knows for sure.
But the gougers have to live with themselves.
I wouldn't mind seeing a post count prior to being able sell here.

Actually I'm mad at all the posts complaining about the prices!!

There must be ½ a dozen of the same threads running now.

I think everybody should be enraged ... Jacking up the prices will not do anything good ... If everybody on this forum will jack up the prices for any weapon they have for sale ... well Obama will be happy ... no need for a weapon's ban. We ourselves will impose a weapon;s ban by driving the prices sky-high. But as another member said, I think there will be a lot of "assault weapons" for trade/sale at normal "pre-ban discussion" prices ... Let's wait.
And i am going to close this thread so we don't upset people like Deen_ad ....

:s0054::s0013:

I think everybody should be enraged ... Jacking up the prices will not do anything good ... If everybody on this forum will jack up the prices for any weapon they have for sale ... well Obama will be happy ... no need for a weapon's ban. We ourselves will impose a weapon;s ban by driving the prices sky-high. But as another member said, I think there will be a lot of "assault weapons" for trade/sale at normal "pre-ban discussion" prices ... Let's wait.
And i am going to close this thread so we don't upset people like Deen_ad ....

:s0013::s0054:
But how many threads do we need about it?
Really?
:s0092:
Can't we go back to the once a week "Did y'all see what they're asking for a used pistolla?" again?
Once a week is enough isn't it? Not 10 threads a day?:s0013::s0013::s0013:

Someone has a interesting topic or question and it gets run to the third page in an hour because of these threads
:s0054::s0013::s0054::s0013:

my opinion? i'm not upset. i look at it kinda like gas prices. speculation is a huge part of it. people worry and prices go up. it's not scientific, there's nothing to it other than it being a fear based economy. people are relaxed and happy, prices are low. people are stressed, worried that they won't be able to get "it" soon: prices SOAR.

i don't buy when prices are high unless i have to. i stock up when prices are low. done.

Really?
Can't we go back to the once a week "Did y'all see what they're asking for a used pistolla?" again?

Someone has a interesting topic or question and it gets run to the third page in an hour because of these threads

It's impossible to make an argument against that many immoticons. Your point is taken. But how much do you think I could get for my XDM9 if I put a stock on it? It would all be black, and the stock mags hold 19, and I am sure I get it to hold more. I'm thinking $2000, any takers?

Really?

It's impossible to make an argument against that many immoticons. Your point is taken. But how much do you think I could get for my XDM9 if I put a stock on it? It would all be black, and the stock mags hold 19, and I am sure I get it to hold more. I'm thinking $2000, any takers?

Tactical Amunition will be happy to sell you som AR magazines....For a price.

<broken link removed>

there are lot of people / companies out there doing this, but you know isn't it the new america don't charge a fair price but charge everyone an arm and a leg, bleed them to death, get what you can out everyone, fudge em all, heck the auto companies do, the cell pcompanies do, so does the cable company, the oil companies, groceries have gone up from 10% - 50% depending on the item in the last year and half, the air lines nickle and dime everything to where there prices are outrageous, heck why shouldn't a gun dealer or ammo supplier.

WEIMAR here we come, just what Obama wanted, everyone and everything is playing out just like he wanted.

That is that our standard of living would be brought down to that of the 3rd world countries

The other day I saw one member trying to get $1,000 on a Ruger 10/22 ... Now there's another one trying to get $1,500 for a FN Scar copy in .22LR

Are all these people going crazy?

What is your input? Because I don't think there will be any ban ... Both Republicans and Democrats know if they support such a ban, they will definitely loose the next election ... This is just a smokescreen ... Same happened after each shooting. And if they impose a ban, that will not solve anything. Lanza killed all those poor victims with 2 Glocks ... "Gun free zones" are an invitation for deranged people like Lanza to prey on unarmed victims.

I think people who are trying to capitalize on "assault weapons" now are just greedy and they are no better than the Wall Street bankers.

Just my 2c.

So we should get to tell sellers what prices are "right"? I like this idea! It's like Priceline for firearms. Thanks comrade for idea of fixing price to make community great benefit.

there are lot of people / companies out there doing this, but you know isn't it the new america don't charge a fair price but charge everyone an arm and a leg, bleed them to death, get what you can out everyone, fudge em all, heck the auto companies do, the cell pcompanies do, so does the cable company, the oil companies, groceries have gone up from 10% - 50% depending on the item in the last year and half, the air lines nickle and dime everything to where there prices are outrageous, heck why shouldn't a gun dealer or ammo supplier.

WEIMAR here we come, just what Obama wanted, everyone and everything is playing out just like he wanted.

That is that our standard of living would be brought down to that of the 3rd world countries

This is very true. We are seeing many signs that as a country, we are nearing the late stages of our life. Our fiat currency (the dollar) is quickly loosing it's value and people are loosing faith in the dollar. As more and more dollars are printed every month, the value of each dollar goes down and we are seeing that in the way of inflation.

Yes, we also have at the same time a scared population that is seeking to arm themselves and the combination of a weak dollar and a run on firearms and ammo has created a perfect storm. Many folks speak with anger about the high prices being asked for magazines. Some people are suggesting that sellers who put their prices too high are hurting other folks. I could understand if we were speaking about the sale of water to people who are dying of thirst, but firearms magazines are not a requirement of life, water is. Owning an AR or AK and a few magazines is not a right and it is not necessary to our survival. We sometimes behave like it is, but we kid ourselves. I can defend my family just fine with a knife or a single shot shotgun. I don't need an expensive weapon even though I do enjoy them.

If people are rushing out and buying at greatly inflated prices today, it's because they didn't heed warnings last month. This happens with everything in life. Fail to plant a crop in the spring and there is nothing to harvest in the fall.

How many of those who are whining about the high prices are storing up some cans of beans for when the food collapse happens? I suspect very few...

What I think...In answer to the post question..A fool and his money soon part..Greed is a sin...What goes around comes around...Boyscout motto: Always be Prepared..The last one on the Boat falls in the water...I'm good where I set and wish all were.

Last Edited:
Not worried about an AWB and much as this current hysteria is causing prices to rise. I just hope that as the hysteria wares off prices will settle down to normal and not follow the same trend line as gas when there is a scare...

and btw: Merry Christmas! :cartman:

Last Edited:
we have seen this coming for 5 years, the people who are buying were too young in 2007-2008 or just didn't believe. either way mosins and ammo are still available for prices that can be had for uncapitalised folks.

I started buying early but there were a few things I was holding off buying and now with these price gouges i'll start to kick myself but then I have faith that things will come back down to earth (i.e. the housing market. Maybe not a great comparison but whatever).

I agree very much, I went down to the gun room yesterday because the gentlement on the phone told me they had a colt AR15 for 2,000$, only to get down there within an hour and apparently it had been sold but there trying to get me to buy a sig AR10 for 4,999$ or the last 556 they had was an used FN Scar in horrible condition for 6,000$. There's not going to be any gun ban, it's nothing but a smoke screen with all the republicans in the house vs Clinton during the 94-01 ban. I just don't see it happening, but I'm very ticked at these price gougers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top