JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This was part 1 - Are these worth anything? Is this musket real?

I am going to start working on putting that stuff up for sale now that I have some rough values.

I am still helping the lady go through some stuff. She has a ton of stamps and coins.

There are a massive amount of stamps in sheets. I didn't go through all, most looked in the 4cent range, but hard to be sure and I know nothing about stamps.

She has a number of coins, some silver dollars and several books of silver coins - nickels, dimes, quarters and dollars. I know they are valuable because of silver.

When I google, hard to tell if something is actual worth something because cursory view shows prices all over the place.

She also has some coins in a safe deposit, looking forward to seeing those.

Here are a few pics

pThoMB6.jpg

wG9IgEv.jpg

9pCK5SW.jpg

LMxgaSA.jpg

This is a link to the album with a few more pictures
Money

Unless the coins are in near mint condition, they are worth the value of the silver in them.

You can find that value here:

Silver Coin Melt Values with Live Silver Prices - Coinflation

As for the stamps, I have gotten letters and packages with that era stamps on them. You could try the Oregon Stamp Society (Oregon Stamp Society) to see what those may be worth. My guess is not much.

I hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Awesome. Thanks.

None of the coins I've seen are anywhere near mint. She is getting what's in the safe deposit box and I will see those on Tuesday

Unless the coins are in near mint condition, they are worth the value of the silver in them.

You can find that value here:

Silver Coin Melt Values with Live Silver Prices - Coinflation

As for the stamps, I have gotten letters and packages with that era stamps on them. You could try the Oregon Stamp Society (Oregon Stamp Society) to see what those may be worth. My guess is not much.

I hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

I know a little bit about stamps. In the 1950's, every other boy and a great many adults were stamp collectors. Since then, interest in the hobby has steadily fallen. Those four cent US issues from circa early 1960's are worth face value if you use them for postage. If you try to sell them in bulk, you'd be surprised how little you can get for them. Selling to a dealer in bulk will be a huge shock as to how little they will pay. Selling retail online is a long, drawn-out and tedious process that will largely waste your time. There may be some exceptions in the stamp lot, but everyday collectors of that era tended to buy the lastest and most common issues. Not the semi-exotic, uncommon issues. If there are some pre-1945 stamps, some may have value. But nothing exceptional unless they are uncancelled high face value definitive stamps, some airmails, revenues, etc.

My mother was a stamp collector. She'd go down to the PO and buy sheets of commemorative issues as they came out and put them away. The post office loves this, it's called "retained postage" and it represents a gift to the USPS because it's a paid revenue for which service is never rendered. It's right there in their budget every year. Anyway, when my mother died a few years ago, my sister gave me a wad of the stamp sheets. Basically, I used them paying bills and sending Christmas cards and only recently exhausted them. The envelopes had to be business size to hold them all and in the US mail, shingling stamps isn't allowed. I had to buy a bunch of one cent stamps to get exact letter rate postage. It was a pain but I wasn't gonna give up on those stamps. The time value of money (read inflation) had already wiped out a lot of the original value of the stamps.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top