JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Basically looking at a 5-8 year old Tacoma/4Runners or Frontier/Xterras. If a truck, it would be a quad/crew cab with 4 doors. Let's say $30k it absolute price limit.

Are there any US brand alternatives that are even worth a look?

I'm assuming you're not interested in full size trucks, though I'll just toss it in the ring that the fleet I work on has many, many fords from f150 to f550 and they're largely problem free for us in the age range you're looking for. But don't get a diesel, you'll hate everything and everyone every time it's emissions system gets grumpy. Gas engine is the way to go

I'm assuming you're not interested in full size trucks, though I'll just toss it in the ring that the fleet I work on has many, many fords from f150 to f550 and they're largely problem free for us in the age range you're looking for. But don't get a diesel, you'll hate everything and everyone every time it's emissions system gets grumpy. Gas engine is the way to go
Yea, no, trying to keep it smaller. Also, are there 4 door F150s out there in that year and price range?

Yea, no, trying to keep it smaller. Also, are there 4 door F150s out there in that year and price range?
I'm sure there are. We don't have any as we usually use F350s and larger for crew vehicles however the ranger has a 4 door options so I wouldn't see why the F150 would be excluded

I'm kinda liking the concept of the new Ford Maverick 4 door pickup, but its either a FWD or FWD/AWD and not quite a "true truck" in the sense of the word..
It basically is the modern FWD quad cab version of the classic Ranger line, a compact pickup.. but yeah no.... used F-150s from auctions and fleet sales maybe good option?

Of your options I would pay a little more and stick with the Toyotas, there's a reason you don't see an excess amount of high mileage Nissans and the resale value sucks. If you're not planning on using the back doors very often you could also add an FJ cruiser to your list absolutely terrible gas mileage gigantic blind spots when you back up but probably my favorite suv truck thing so far.

We have three Toyota's. They are reliable which seems to be an issue with everything today. I will stay with Toyota.
Used car prices soared over the last two years, but have started to come down some recently.

Toyota is still a good bet but newer model Tacomas are not having the expected worry-free performance of older generations. I have a 2018 and haven't experienced anything problematic except for numerous recalls, from minor to somewhat critical. I will say that Tacomas are not and have never been the most comfortable, I find their seats give me back pain on long trips. I'd look for a second gen Tacoma, they're among the best.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top