JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dispite all that, you STILL recommend them to anyone?!?!

Like I said, the grip angle is not natural for ME, for others it may be fine. As far as butt-ugly...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...some people really like the "block.".

That being said, there is an awful lot to like about Glocks:
1. They're inexpensive
2. Rugged
3. Easy to repair and upgrade without requiring a gunsmith...a $7 armorer's tool or a punch you already own is all it takes to detail strip it.
4. Parts are inexpensive and readily available.
5. More aftermarket support than any other brand
6. Reliable
7. Point and Shoot

And oh yeah...THEY WORK. So yeah, I have no problem recommending them to anyone.

Plus their cool, all da bangers in da moovies choot em maaan. I mean, how can you go wrong with a pistol that you can shoot holding sideways, rolling across fat caddies hoods and still never miss? Just jacking you Glock lovers around a little;). I've had a few and they never really grew on me,, thankfully, or I'd a had to have them ugly growths surgically removed!:s0112:

there are many sizes and types of firearms just like there are people, there is no one size fits all, I have been a Glock guy for many years but I also carry S&W j frame and a 1911 variant depending on mood and other variables, the key as I see it is to find something that fits and you can shoot well and practice practice practice, and then practice some more.

I have a g17 and it shoots great, never a malfunction...but it kills my wrist shooting it. I hate the grip angle period. I spent a few consecutive weekend shooting the Glock exclusively, not alot maybe 1200 rounds total. I typically shoot 500-700 rounds of 40 or 45 cal over a weekend, with a Sig P229 or 1911, respectively. Unfortunately,since my Glock foray, I've had severe wrist tendonitis. I may need cortisone injection in the near future, damn it. Too bad, because the Glock really does shoot well. Regardless, it's NOT the best DA 9mm out there. Give me a Walther PPQ, Caracal F/C or Sig P229 Dak any day.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Not a Glock fan. When I was in college my roommate had a 17L. He dropped out onto concrete and it went off. I've never liked half-cocked pistols.

"Are Glocks still the best?" Answer: they never were. Like any tool they work for some and not for others. I'll put my HK's up against a Glock anyday for quality, reliability, and accuracy. Buy what makes you happy, carry it, shoot it, become one with it. Remember opinions are like belly buttons...everyone has one!

What is best for one is not for another. Glocks are good reliable, serviceable hand guns but so are any number of other handguns. They are simple and easy to maintain. I have been looking for the perfect handgun for over 30 years of shooting, it does not exist. Shoot what you like and learn to shoot it, it is the best one(at least for now) you can not fix poor habits with a new gun (believe me I have tried).

Some like Girard-Perregaux , some Rolex, others must Patek Philippe Sky Moon Tourbillon Ref. 5002 P

Price: $1.49 million (1,06 million EUR), still others like: Timex watches they take a licking and keep on ticking.

Some people must have the BEST money can buy, some must have the NEWEST, and some must have what WORKS for them. It only matters what fits your budget and taste, and works for you.

I love the look and history of a 1911, someday I hope to be the owner of one. But will I carry it? NO, I have short, stubby hands and fingers, also Arthritis, all of these make the manipulation of the controls of the 1911 sluggish, and difficult for me.

Some guns are very hard for this old man to hold, and operate. Much less hold properly and be able to reach the trigger. I am not mentioning any manufacturers because what you can operate, shoot straight and manipulate is what is important. Cost factors in also.

Are Glocks the best...I would say no a 1911 is the best!!!
I picked up this little gem and I would not trade it for a glock the trigger is better no trigger safety or trigger inside of the trigger "I hate that look" Plus it is under an inch thick and the grip is hand forming and just looks better than a glock.

9 rounds of Corbon 124gr @ 15 yards. :D I am very happy it shot 115gr and 147gr HP's like it was butter.
bt9.jpg

Though they may not be the best like mcdonalds they are obviously doing something right, Its called Value. Good quality for the money spend and reliable and simple.

McDonalds doesn't sell value or quality. They sell consistently crappy burgers. Whether you buy your Big Mac in Longview, Singapore, or Paris, it will be the same crappy fare.

That's what Glock does in multiple calibers. Some people dig it, some call it out for what it is.

Glocks are what they are, tools. They always work, are available in many of sizes and calibers, and are priced right. I have several and like them very much, but they are not Les Baer 1911s, but they don't try to be. As far as the the member that stated that a Glock would fire when droped, well that is pure internet commando BS. Most of the major playors in the market have been trying to copy Glock for many years for one simple reason, they have a highly successfull product and marketing plan.

I have owned nine Glocks in 9mm, .40, and .45. I think they are reliable and easy to shoot. I think the S&W M&P's have a better trigger and fit my hand better. Find what works best for you. Saying something is better just because it sold more is silly. By that logic, the AK-47 is better than an M14, FAL, etc... I love my Arsenal Saiga by the way. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top