JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We got our a$$ handed to us in the Middle East and those guys ran around in pajamas and an AK. Gear does nothing. Tactics and guerrilla warfare wins.

The force forbid, that the time comes when people are actually running around loaded out like that out of perceived necessity, I think it will not be difficult to acquire the loadout of ones choice, perhaps a bit stained though. The horror... the horror.....

The force forbid, that the time comes when people are actually running around loaded out like that out of perceived necessity, I think it will not be difficult to acquire the loadout of ones choice, perhaps a bit stained though. The horror... the horror.....
If that day comes I'll end up with some kit I never had to pay for. Haha.

Tactically acquired. "Gear a drift is Gear a gift."

I don't mind stains.

Sure if you're Delta or something I can see it. Chest rig, battle belt, camo.

For most of us defending the fam in a bad situation, a concealable plate carrier, civilian holster and mag carrier, maybe with two double rifle mag pouches on our belts will conceal better and be more comfortable.

Dump pouch? I can't envision trying to mess with a dump pouch at 2 AM when I'm dumping rifle mags and getting shot at.

This is also more friendly looking hiking in the hills with your gear for practice than trotting around looking like a DevGru Operator on the hiking trail. Much less reason for LE to contact you like this too.
Well all I know is, I was very happy with my very old sckool 782 gear set up, easy to use fast/light and above all else easy to maintain,I know it did not have lasergpsmoddroppouchblahblahblah..but it worked great.

Well all I know is, I was very happy with my very old sckool 782 gear set up, easy to use fast/light and above all else easy to maintain,I know it did not have lasergpsmoddroppouchblahblahblah..but it worked great.
The simpler the rig, the easier to use and easier to justify
20210320_095737.jpg
6 mag basic chest

20210821_114400.jpg

4 mag 6.5 Grendel 10rd belt

20220224_205246.jpg 20220224_205322.jpg
Modded bandolier 6 mag rig with 2 utilities and camelback

20220619_181053.jpg 20220619_181110.jpg

3-6 mag extremely basic 10x12 armor carrier
20220721_191426.jpg
3 mag chest rig with 20rd Duramags for 6.5 Grendel

Last Edited:
Sure if you're Delta or something I can see it. Chest rig, battle belt, camo.

For most of us defending the fam in a bad situation, a concealable plate carrier, civilian holster and mag carrier, maybe with two double rifle mag pouches on our belts will conceal better and be more comfortable.

Dump pouch? I can't envision trying to mess with a dump pouch at 2 AM when I'm dumping rifle mags and getting shot at.

This is also more friendly looking hiking in the hills with your gear for practice than trotting around looking like a DevGru Operator on the hiking trail. Much less reason for LE to contact you like this too.
I'm suspicious the heavily militarized stuff is most attractive to civilian males with military delusions who haven't served. I might be wrong. But by the time a civilian is running around in that much military garb a lot of civilians and likely many LEOs are going to think he's either a bad guy or his elevator doesn't quite go to the top floor. And we infer he's certainly carrying a concealed handgun, so any strategic advantage to CC is lost.

As for me...the very idea of a chest rig makes me wince. I have tatas. And I would just as soon keep them. No camo for me either. Any pouches or fanny packs or back packs or shirts are cheerful civilian colors like bright blue or green, not black, brown or military grunge green. Not yellow or red either, cause I'm a plant breeder and gardener, and those colors signal to bees that I am a flower, and if they search hard enough and try every opening to my shirt, there should be pollen or nectar in there somewhere. As I say, don't dress like a flower unless you want to be treated like a flower. And don't dress like an armed military wannabe who is several cards short of a deck unless you ARE an an armed military wannabe who is several cards short of a deck.

heres a better way to look at this....

If say a magic geni appeared and told you tomorrow you would be shot at while defending the fam, would you still think a chest rig, battle belt, camo and any other armor tacticool gear you can strap on your body still be overrated?
Yes. Because knowing I was going to be in a gunfight tomorrow is the only reason I'd want such gear. And if I knew there was going to be a gunfight at my home tomorrow, me and my loved ones would be elsewhere. And only cops or hired security would be there.

I personally like earth tones and greens for most clothes. Blacks and blues are also in my closet. Then again.. I've been accused of looking like a fat Fidel when wearing an UCP patrol hat :s0064: I do have a woodland camo boonie hat, and a tan one. I like camo for my bags and shelters/tents... I do make chest rigs and gear on the side. But that's just a side business. @OldBroad44 ; chest rigs have also been called ammo bras :s0140: sometimes they can provide decent support for the tatas, though it depends on how big and how stiff the rigs are. Really, for women to be less uncomfortable, high compression sports bras like those in the fitness/exercise/sports wear will help a lot... soft armor would be preferable to hard armor but they won't stop rifle rounds, so hard armor will still be uncomfortable anyhow. Not that civilians have a driving need to be protected by rifle rated armor for 99% of the situations out there but given that police have abysmally bad marksmanship, along with gang members... some body armor makes sense in certain areas *coughs downtown Portland, Seattle, most of Chicago*

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top