JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I was told that you cant build anything much less an 80% AR15.. So I am!

Rules.... Has to beat my uncles $400 used PSA AR15. (Oh he just got one after missing a follow up shot on a coyote. Welcome to the dark side....)

I am allowed to trade my "useless crap" to help finance it.

SO.... All from NWFA Members... Thanks for the deals and trades. This is the mad scientist in action.

Upper $50 +trades In 5.45 soviet.

lower 80% $65 (ehh... its here now)

S&W M&P15 Trigger and pistol grip with safety detent and spring $20 Thanks!!!

And just today!
Stock and buffer tube $20 Thanks as well!

$155 so far... And got a couple parts coming in as well.

I am hoping with help of my peers to document this for a christmas laugh for this
relative.

Pics... Think I have alot of work even after the build is done.
545upper.jpg

The barrel is marked SA 5.45x39 1/8.... If anyone knows what SA stands for let me know!
SA5.45marked.jpg

Now on to the thread.

Earlier today I got a buffer and M4 stock.

So as I am doing this I am missing a grunch of small parts. If anyone has any of them laying around I am glad to trade, barter, or just buy them.

Takedown pins... I would lvoe some of the easy pull ones but I can get away with cheep stocks! on hard wear.

Safety... Yes I do use it.

Bolt catch stuffandthingies... Yeah thats what I was talking about.

Spring and buffer, (buffer retaining pin).... Well thats going to be a discussion I was hoping to have here.

I definitely got to post the extra parts I have from this build into classifieds...

And where are the local 80% guys? I definitely need to get my hands on a jig and some advise as well! Anyone able to rent me the tools and jig for beer?

And why am I doing such a cheep build in 5.45? Well because ammo is cheep and I want to dust up some coyotes in a bit!

545upper.jpg

SA5.45marked.jpg

Thanks. I have the pistol grip and the safety detent and spring.

I hate to end up with a 3rd A2 pistol grip... I know I have a extra one someplace.

Thanks for the link. Already found a mill and a machinist to shove me through the process!

I got an Ergo and a castle nut already SPF for on friday! Its going to be a fun trade run just to get rid of extra parts for the missing parts of my build.

So far this is pretty much a total NWFA build. Have found a local builder that is going to shove me through the lower process.

It will be a comfy shooter! Nice that the upper came with 2 mags and enough ammo to test her out with!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews