JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I was told that you cant build anything much less an 80% AR15.. So I am!

Rules.... Has to beat my uncles $400 used PSA AR15. (Oh he just got one after missing a follow up shot on a coyote. Welcome to the dark side....)

I am allowed to trade my "useless crap" to help finance it.

SO.... All from NWFA Members... Thanks for the deals and trades. This is the mad scientist in action.

Upper $50 +trades In 5.45 soviet.

lower 80% $65 (ehh... its here now)

S&W M&P15 Trigger and pistol grip with safety detent and spring $20 Thanks!!!

And just today!
Stock and buffer tube $20 Thanks as well!

$155 so far... And got a couple parts coming in as well.

I am hoping with help of my peers to document this for a christmas laugh for this
relative.

Pics... Think I have alot of work even after the build is done.
545upper.jpg

The barrel is marked SA 5.45x39 1/8.... If anyone knows what SA stands for let me know!
SA5.45marked.jpg

Now on to the thread.

Earlier today I got a buffer and M4 stock.

So as I am doing this I am missing a grunch of small parts. If anyone has any of them laying around I am glad to trade, barter, or just buy them.

Takedown pins... I would lvoe some of the easy pull ones but I can get away with cheep stocks! on hard wear.

Safety... Yes I do use it.

Bolt catch stuffandthingies... Yeah thats what I was talking about.

Spring and buffer, (buffer retaining pin).... Well thats going to be a discussion I was hoping to have here.

I definitely got to post the extra parts I have from this build into classifieds...

And where are the local 80% guys? I definitely need to get my hands on a jig and some advise as well! Anyone able to rent me the tools and jig for beer?

And why am I doing such a cheep build in 5.45? Well because ammo is cheep and I want to dust up some coyotes in a bit!

545upper.jpg

SA5.45marked.jpg

Thanks. I have the pistol grip and the safety detent and spring.

I hate to end up with a 3rd A2 pistol grip... I know I have a extra one someplace.

Thanks for the link. Already found a mill and a machinist to shove me through the process!

I got an Ergo and a castle nut already SPF for on friday! Its going to be a fun trade run just to get rid of extra parts for the missing parts of my build.

So far this is pretty much a total NWFA build. Have found a local builder that is going to shove me through the lower process.

It will be a comfy shooter! Nice that the upper came with 2 mags and enough ammo to test her out with!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top