JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reach out to Cook Security Group. Sometimes they offload extra stuff from bank builds or demos.

I have no idea what a sheet of AR500 costs, but we pay $1,400 a sheet for Level 8 4'x8' Interbank panels. Good stuff, we've put rounds into the different levels. All performed as advertised.
It's lighter than steel, but still pretty damn heavy. But three guys can manhandle install.

OregonSteelMills Should be able to supply you with any amount you need, and usually for a project like yours, way below cost! Outside of that, Beaver Heat Treating in Clackamas ( Same parking lot as Benchmade knives) should also be able to help you out with any welding or die stampings you may need!
Finally, Brinks armored transport destroys their old armored cars, and your "Company" may be able to work something out, but make sure to ask for ( spec out) a 'Vegas" spec truck!:D

For something like this, perhaps some type of ballistic paneling might be of better use. Could likely be set up to look as part of the office, like a poster board or project post it panel type deal?

Dunno (obviously) the specifics of such, but seem to have read that you might be able to get ones lighter weight than AR4/500 plate, giving larger area coverage. Would be "easier" to repurpose, ie doing a show, office moves, ballistic protection needs change (outside cement bollards installed), want some extra protection at home etc etc.

For something like this, perhaps some type of ballistic paneling might be of better use. Could likely be set up to look as part of the office, like a poster board or project post it panel type deal?

Dunno (obviously) the specifics of such, but seem to have read that you might be able to get ones lighter weight than AR4/500 plate, giving larger area coverage. Would be "easier" to repurpose, ie doing a show, office moves, ballistic protection needs change (outside cement bollards installed), want some extra protection at home etc etc.
Ya know how theres these huge receptionist desks made of steel panels and has either tough plastic or similar writing/typing desk surfaces? Should be fairly easy to have it made with AR500 front panel, and ballistic top surface underneath the plastic... at leasr, for the conventional looking large metal desks/workstations.
Heres a retailer that builds and sell such items.. looks like most common clients are those in the check cashing and courts business.
Armored Furniture - LifeSafe™ International

I obviously do now know your particular security needs. Have you considered a separate dedicated armored safe room with doable secret secure escape routes?
I think he's talking about increased security options for his receptionists/secretaries in the lobby at the front of the building, a highly visible area with relatively few options for more secure things like a safe room? I could be wrong, but his post seemed to indicate an ordinary office building

I obviously do now know your particular security needs. Have you considered a separate dedicated armored safe room with doable secret secure escape routes?

Think of walking into a Public service area where the purpose of your visit isn't ever pleasant, That's what were talking about!
Most folks that walk through the front doors, don't want to, but have to!:eek:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top