JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I am looking to see what kind of interest there is in these targets.

I plan on buying a sheet and making some targets for myself. Problem is i have to buy a 4 x 8 sheet and don't need that many targets.

If there is enough people that want to buy stuff ill go through with it. I'm just looking to cover cost.

I can cut any appropriate shape and you would just pay for sq ft and laser time.

Material is 2 day lead time for me and i can cut that same week hopefully depending on schedule

as a rough estimate it would $55.00 per ft² or $0.38 per in² however you want to calculate area.
A 12" circle is roughly 113 in² = $42.98

are we talking just a plain 12" disc or would you be able to put holes in it ???

I drew that up based on what i have see on the market.

But it can be any shape or size.

12" Gong
upload_2018-2-21_16-54-17.png
IDPA Target
upload_2018-2-21_16-59-26.png

Last Edited:
Last time I checked, a 3/8" 12x12 square of AR500 costs @ $23.00 retail; but .30 Cal FMJ blows the loops off...but lots of fun.
:s0140:

I won't waste my money on 3/8" thick plates for rifle any more.

Pistol projectiles bounce off my 1" thick mild steel plates, my points of attachment are welded links behind the plate (where bullets wont find them), in the upper 1/3.

1/2" thick hardened plates should be much better, but the loops formed by the holes would still be the weakest point IMO.

Edit: so looking at the drawing, the center hole would be the strongest of the three; put at least 1" of meat above the hole.

8" gong roughly 52 in² = $19.76 and its 1/2"

I dont know i was trying to share my low material cost with others. If the price is too high no big deal I'll just buy the targets i want at retail and move on
upload_2018-2-21_17-20-17.png

Last time I checked, a 3/8" 12x12 square of AR500 costs @ $23.00 retail; but .30 Cal FMJ blows the loops off...but lots of fun.
:s0140:

I won't waste my money on 3/8" thick plates for rifle any more.

Pistol projectiles bounce off my 1" thick mild steel plates, my points of attachment are welded links behind the plate (where bullets wont find them), in the upper 1/3.

1/2" thick hardened plates should be much better, but the loops formed by the holes would still be the weakest point IMO.

Edit: so looking at the drawing, the center hole would be the strongest of the three; put at least 1" of meat above the hole.

I have a supply of steel from Intel I pick up from a recycler if you want to try some practice cuts. He only charges me a few $ per square foot. Not AR500, but more than adequate for rimfire and most pistols. I will be at the Hillsboro show this weekend, but could find a time next week to bring you some pieces if interested.

Jeremy

No I think what you posted was fine. Like I said I was trying to avoid retail but couldn't get a sheet small enough for my targets only. So I figured I would see what others thought about joining together and making some targets. The price of steel seems to have gone up the past couple years and my wife would strangle me if I bought this sheet on my own

I didn't know this was a classified post, my appologies for my part of this discussion.

The best steel prices I have seen are from Tri-County selling $260k worth a year at cost. They may all be 3/8" though.

I got the email notification about joining finally after 2 yrs I'm interested to get out there and use their facilities seems like they have a lot of different ranges and options for shooting

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top