JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Google it. Look up NFA weapons (This covers full auto, supressors, and any other weapons). You will find a lot of info. But, essentially you have to buy a lightning link, drop-in auto sear, or a registered machine gun-all manufactured before 1986- and pay for a $200 tax stamp. The catch: the lightning link is the cheapest option, a $.30 piece of metal that will cost you about $4000-5000. Plan to pay $14-18k for an M16.

It is pretty expensive, but el gringo loco is correct. you buy the gun, fill out the paperwork, send it in with your money order for the tax, wait, wait, wait some more, wait longer, wait a little longer, and then either are approved or denied. if approved you go pick up your gun. If denied, well you are SOL.

I take mine out pretty regularly. I let people shoot them, but i charge for the ammo, wear and tear, and cleaning time. let me know if you are interested.

Google it. Look up NFA weapons (This covers full auto, supressors, and any other weapons). You will find a lot of info. But, essentially you have to buy a lightning link, drop-in auto sear, or a registered machine gun-all manufactured before 1986- and pay for a $200 tax stamp. The catch: the lightning link is the cheapest option, a $.30 piece of metal that will cost you about $4000-5000. Plan to pay $14-18k for an M16.
Are you sure on the cost of a M16? I have one i bought in 1981 from Colt. $850.00. I've only put about 700 rds through it. That blows me away that they are worth that much now.

Are you sure on the cost of a M16? I have one i bought in 1981 from Colt. $850.00. I've only put about 700 rds through it. That blows me away that they are worth that much now.

well if you bought one in 1981 the year they were banned and you were lucky enough to get one before the ban your $850 M16 machine gun if that what you have and you got the paper work for it well guess what today is your lucky day because you have just been informed that you have a $16,000 rifle . Lucky you

Wow. I did get this as an investment. I got in under the wire. Paid the $200 tax (even back then it took 7 months) and the rest is history. It's still in mint condition. I almost bought 2 Thompsons back then instead of the M16. They were $450 each. I'm glad I didn't. Wow, I don't think I'll say anything to the wife just yet. Thanks for the info.

Wow. I did get this as an investment. I got in under the wire. Paid the $200 tax (even back then it took 7 months) and the rest is history. It's still in mint condition. I almost bought 2 Thompsons back then instead of the M16. They were $450 each. I'm glad I didn't. Wow, I don't think I'll say anything to the wife just yet. Thanks for the info.

thats too bad then you would had at LEAST $16,000 x 2 depending on what the model was some of them peaking at $48,000

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads