JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know if the A2 sights in the detatchable carry handles is the same as what would be installed in an A2 upper???

Ive had a hard time finding an A2 rear sight assembly that wasnt close to $100... not even for a NM sight!

Anyhow, Ive seen the carry handles with A2 sights for less than half the cost and was wondering if I could just remove the sight and install it into my upper???

Any thoughts?

20150630_230524_zps3osqimhy.jpg

They are different sights. The sight assy on the fixed A2 is an 8/3 marked sight, (300 meters, to 800 meters), with elevation in 1 MOA increments. The sight assy in the removeable "handle" is 6/3 marked, with elevation in 1/2 MOA increments. Keep this in mind....

That said, I initially suspected they would not work. Upon closer inspection (without removing the sights) on my own equipment, I think they just might work. Maybe not "perfectly" but I think they would work, or it's worth a shot.

If you look at the photo, you can see slightly more space between the elevation wheel spring retaining roll pin on the A4 vs the A2. It's possibly a shorter spring in the A2, and that if you interchange, the elevation wheel using a 6/3 A4 sight assy in an 8/3 A2 upper will yield a slightly stiffer wheel. But I don't think it would be terribly noticeable. If anything, it's a plus.

For the cost of a surplus A4 sight ($35 shipped in many forums), it's worth a shot.

Otherwise:

$38 Del-Ton has an assy, but it's out of stock. Also need to confirm if it's 8/3 or 6/3 (you want 8/3)
http://www.del-ton.com/Rear_Sight_Assembly_p/up1045.htm

$38 DPMS, again need to call to confirm A2 or A4
http://www.dpmsinc.com/A2-Rear-Sight-Assembly_p_524.html

A2_Rear_Sight_Pa_4e0ca54ac67fa.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show