JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you verified that the pistol upper is not suspect by using it on a different pistol lower, with all the associated BCGs and buffers that exhibited the problem on the Aero lower?

If you don't have one available, I'd be willing to meet up at Wolf Creek Road, so that a proper test could be done.

If it is short stroking, he can open the gas port a bit. I did that with my shorty FAL several years ago and it ran perfect afterwards.

Have you verified that the pistol upper is not suspect by using it on a different pistol lower, with all the associated BCGs and buffers that exhibited the problem on the Aero lower?

If you don't have one available, I'd be willing to meet up at Wolf Creek Road, so that a proper test could be done.
No I haven't done that. The only other lower I have is my M4 lower and that'd obviously be a no no. I appreciate the offer but I'm gonna wait till I install the new catch and go shoot it. I will PM you if I decide to take you up in that offer.
Thank you!

Last Edited:
Try a lighter buffer spring.
The original carbine spring from the Stag M4 was used originally. That spring is the lightest out of the 4 springs I have. I've used the one out of my spikes M4, the Stag spring (one I just mentioned), and my new Wolff and Colt..... same result, no BCG lock back after last round.

It's gotta be that dang fancy bolt catch. Replace that then check back in with us.
Ya my package from MidwayUSA will be here on the 25th and I plan on taking the GF shooting on her birthday next month so That's when I'll be testing the new catch lever.

Unless I find a private property to go shoot a few rounds on, I'll have to wait a while. Every time I go to the range, it's $30 or so...... it's getting old lol. Ya I could go to the woods but my car doesn't like to go off road..

You need one of these babies!

IMG_4403.GIF

Well, you are welcome to come out to my place, and test it here. We could tech that thing just right, test the bolt catch, change it out, test different uppers, lowers, what ever you want, and I wont charge you $30. I am on the other side of the world though lol....out towards Estacada...

Hey folks.... (yuk I sound like Obama lol).... went shooting yesterday to test the AR pistol. So I got my Colt BCG release and a new Strike Industries dust cover (since I cut up my metal dust cover).

So I chambered one round and pulled the trigger...... the BCG locked back after the round was fired! I was so excited and relieved. :)

Now... when I removed that fancy shmancy ambi bolt release, obviously it was a bigger part and compared to the normal bolt release, it's almost twice as heavy (I didn't weight it with a scale) and it probably couldn't move into place fast enough to hold the BCG back on the last round. But if you manually tired to lock the BCG back with an empty mag, all wold seem normal. So several times I loaded a mag with one round and I got a BCG lock back after every round.

Overall it was a quick fix, my brass is ejecting at 3 o'clock position...... no issues with feeding or ejecting. I do want to shoot some steel case ammo and see how it handles it. I love the Strike Industries dust cover, so easy to install and it fits great.

Thanks you all for your help and input and offers to help me out. I hope this thread helps others in the future.

AR1.jpg AR2.jpg AR3.jpg

Good to know--I personally won't do a poly lower without 'em for structural-strength reasons, and with the current build being a poly-lower pistol that's gonna be a double-whammy.
They are an absolute must for the M&P 15/22 since the pins walk out and next thing you know it's double tapping.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top