JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And how to safely and legally transport a loaded weapon? If it is chambered, you could fire it at a safe location and use a brass or wood dowel to tap the case out from the muzzle. At least you would not be working with a live round. Still, more info is needed and CALL the 'smith first so that he doesn't freak out by a live weapon arriving.

Maybe I'm just the crazy one here, but I've poked a few live rounds out of a barrel using a cleaning rod in my days. If you can take it apart, IE the bolt isn't stuck in the buffer tube preventing the two halls coming apart, you can remove the guts. Point it in a safe direction. Put a cleaning roof down there and give it some taps. Should come out.

Unfortunately the bcg is stuck about halfway back, which means the bolt is out of battery. i don't have the tools or exp necessary to mess around in this situation. I'm hoping a prof can help me out here. i live in Philomath so a trip up to Salem, Eugene, Sweet Home, or Newport would be ideal.

Unfortunately the bcg is stuck about halfway back, which means the bolt is out of battery. i don't have the tools or exp necessary to mess around in this situation. I'm hoping a prof can help me out here. i live in Philomath so a trip up to Salem, Eugene, Sweet Home, or Newport would be ideal.
Have you tried the "mortar" method to dislodge it?

can you post a picture of the issue
Pictures will certainly help. This may be something doable without involving a gunsmith. If the bolt is back, and a round is in the chamber, what is holding the bolt up?

A picture may help. If it's brass over bolt you can rid the problem yourself. All you need is a good grip on the charging handle and slamming the stock into a hard material (in the Marines we just used boulders). Haha. Or you can "kickstart" the charging handle. Although it worked in the military neither of these would probably be advised from a gunsmith so take that for what it is worth.

most of the time you can pull both take down pins and remove upper from lower. its not as big of a deal as you may think. you can call the shop and we can talk you through it. cleaning rod or wooden rod handy be good too.

This makes be wonder if have something in the cam pin track or wedge between the BCG and receiver.

most of the time you can pull both take down pins and remove upper from lower. its not as big of a deal as you may think. you can call the shop and we can talk you through it. cleaning rod or wooden rod handy be good too.
Not if the BCG is half way into the RE, if it will not move most like the RE will need to be pulled off.

OP did you stake your castle nut?

I recently had a bolt jam on an AR15 that never gave me trouble. The castle nut backed off a little and the bcg would only go halfway back. Tighted it back and everything is fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top