AR 15 Optics Questions

Reactions
I want my flat top AR to have a nice close range sight like EOtech but unfortunatly I do not have the extra bread to throw at an actual eotech right now.

I am looking to blast close range targets maybe out to 50 yards so no long range optics needed.

Basically what I am wondering is has anyone had any experience with the lower end holographic sights like NcStar, AIM or truglow?
I am looking in to picking one of those up but if they are all crap even for close range plinking then maybe I would just be wasting my money...

:s0155:

eldbillbo

Reactions
as mentioned vortex, irons,

also my fav for under $150 is the S.P.O.T cause its tough .

the vortex and spot wont cost you too much more than the brands you mentioned and are better quality products.

Last i heard Vortex low ends are made in China but they run a pretty tight quality control

S.P.O.T is made in Korea .

Reactions
Primary Arms makes decent optics at a reasonable price: <broken link removed>

They aren't as bright as a real Aimpoint, aren't as rugged, and the batteries last days instead of years, but they are ~$120 instead of the $380 a Aimpoint PRO runs.

H

Reactions
I'm partial to the Trijicon RMR. I love those things. Fast, light, compact, and the dot is plenty bright in the LED version. And you can run them on your pistol.

Reactions
Want an Eotech without the $$$, pick up the Bushnell version. You lose the metal hood and waterproofing, otherwise the same.
I'd agree with this, except I'd say it's closer to the aimpoint micro. I have a bushnell red dot that's a clone of the aimpoint micro, and I like it. Less than $90 and with a riser, co-witness with irons. I had an eotech by the way, sold it...this is compact and light.

Reactions
I'd agree with this, except I'd say it's closer to the aimpoint micro. I have a bushnell red dot that's a clone of the aimpoint micro, and I like it. Less than $90 and with a riser, co-witness with irons. I had an eotech by the way, sold it...this is compact and light.
Nope you're thinking of different optic:
Bushnell holosight is the Eo clone, and now they also have their micro rds as well.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
Top Bottom