JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want my flat top AR to have a nice close range sight like EOtech but unfortunatly I do not have the extra bread to throw at an actual eotech right now.

I am looking to blast close range targets maybe out to 50 yards so no long range optics needed.

Basically what I am wondering is has anyone had any experience with the lower end holographic sights like NcStar, AIM or truglow?
I am looking in to picking one of those up but if they are all crap even for close range plinking then maybe I would just be wasting my money...

:s0155:

This topic has been discussed many times in here.

For a lower priced red dot sight, try vortex strikefire. It's actually very good optic for the money.

as mentioned vortex, irons,

also my fav for under $150 is the S.P.O.T cause its tough .

the vortex and spot wont cost you too much more than the brands you mentioned and are better quality products.

Last i heard Vortex low ends are made in China but they run a pretty tight quality control

S.P.O.T is made in Korea .

Primary Arms makes decent optics at a reasonable price: <broken link removed>

They aren't as bright as a real Aimpoint, aren't as rugged, and the batteries last days instead of years, but they are ~$120 instead of the $380 a Aimpoint PRO runs.

H

I'm partial to the Trijicon RMR. I love those things. Fast, light, compact, and the dot is plenty bright in the LED version. And you can run them on your pistol.

Want an Eotech without the $$$, pick up the Bushnell version. You lose the metal hood and waterproofing, otherwise the same.

I'd agree with this, except I'd say it's closer to the aimpoint micro. I have a bushnell red dot that's a clone of the aimpoint micro, and I like it. Less than $90 and with a riser, co-witness with irons. I had an eotech by the way, sold it...this is compact and light.

I'd agree with this, except I'd say it's closer to the aimpoint micro. I have a bushnell red dot that's a clone of the aimpoint micro, and I like it. Less than $90 and with a riser, co-witness with irons. I had an eotech by the way, sold it...this is compact and light.

Nope you're thinking of different optic:
Bushnell holosight is the Eo clone, and now they also have their micro rds as well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top