JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want my flat top AR to have a nice close range sight like EOtech but unfortunatly I do not have the extra bread to throw at an actual eotech right now.

I am looking to blast close range targets maybe out to 50 yards so no long range optics needed.

Basically what I am wondering is has anyone had any experience with the lower end holographic sights like NcStar, AIM or truglow?
I am looking in to picking one of those up but if they are all crap even for close range plinking then maybe I would just be wasting my money...

:s0155:

This topic has been discussed many times in here.

For a lower priced red dot sight, try vortex strikefire. It's actually very good optic for the money.

as mentioned vortex, irons,

also my fav for under $150 is the S.P.O.T cause its tough .

the vortex and spot wont cost you too much more than the brands you mentioned and are better quality products.

Last i heard Vortex low ends are made in China but they run a pretty tight quality control

S.P.O.T is made in Korea .

Primary Arms makes decent optics at a reasonable price: <broken link removed>

They aren't as bright as a real Aimpoint, aren't as rugged, and the batteries last days instead of years, but they are ~$120 instead of the $380 a Aimpoint PRO runs.

H

I'm partial to the Trijicon RMR. I love those things. Fast, light, compact, and the dot is plenty bright in the LED version. And you can run them on your pistol.

Want an Eotech without the $$$, pick up the Bushnell version. You lose the metal hood and waterproofing, otherwise the same.

I'd agree with this, except I'd say it's closer to the aimpoint micro. I have a bushnell red dot that's a clone of the aimpoint micro, and I like it. Less than $90 and with a riser, co-witness with irons. I had an eotech by the way, sold it...this is compact and light.

I'd agree with this, except I'd say it's closer to the aimpoint micro. I have a bushnell red dot that's a clone of the aimpoint micro, and I like it. Less than $90 and with a riser, co-witness with irons. I had an eotech by the way, sold it...this is compact and light.

Nope you're thinking of different optic:
Bushnell holosight is the Eo clone, and now they also have their micro rds as well.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top