JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for some opinions on AR 15 muzzle brakes. If you have used one and liked it let me know. I'm not looking for something that reduces flash that much as that is not a concern. Just something for recoil to help stay on target when firing quickly.

I currently have a brake on an AR-15 that looks sort of like a beehive. It works great.

One of my great gun errors was giving a brake to a friend, and never being able to find another one like it. The brake could be clocked to keep the rifle from jumping up to either side, and the gas release could be adjusted so that your rifle wouldn't jump up at all. In fact, the gas could be adjusted so that the muzzle would actually go down when I put the rifle (registered M-16) on full auto. The perfect adjustment was to clock the brake a bit, then allow about 65% of the gas out. With that adjustment, on full auto, the rifle just quivered around a bit. I was able to keep 2-3 round bursts on an IPSC target at 200 meters using a bipod.

Wish I had never given it up. I thought I would be able to find another.

My 6.5 Grendel wears a brake that works great.

Check out PWS's offerings.

I have both the FSC 556 and FSC 30 - love the design. Works as advertised - best of both worlds between compensation and flash suppression. Pricey but worth every penny.

<broken link removed>

If you truly don't want flash suppression at all they make a version without the tongs at the end called the TTO which is about the same size as an A2 hider and just as effective as the the FSC as a comp.

Check out PWS's offerings.

I have both the FSC 556 and FSC 30 - love the design. Works as advertised - best of both worlds between compensation and flash suppression. Pricey but worth every penny.

<broken link removed>

If you truly don't want flash suppression at all they make a version without the tongs at the end called the TTO which is about the same size as an A2 hider and just as effective as the the FSC as a comp.

+1000!!!! I have one and it is no gimmick. My 5.56 AR recoils and rises just a slight bit more than my .22lr AR15 with the addition of the FSC 556 and a 9mm buffer, just a lot louder than the .22lr! :s0155:

Go with the Primary Weapons Systems set up or go home, is what I say!

My Remington Model 7 in .243 is getting one her own too. Who knows, the Browning A-Bolt in the safe might get one too...

I will check them out. I like flash suppresion its just not a concern. What I mean when I wrote the OP was that if there was a break that worked well but didn't hide flash then I dont mind.

I've got a next generation arms ar. The brake on the next gens are way cool in both form and function. Reduce rise, reduce recoil, reduce flash, and it's even said to reduce the slight twist of the rifle but I can't tell if that's true or not. BIG difference from birdcage but I have not tried anything else.

The muzzle device on the Next Generation Arms ARs is either the PWS FSC 556 or an exact copy by looking at it.

"NGA Proprietary Compensator"... I dunno about that one.

Don't get me started on NGA...

Go with the PWS version. Rainier Arms has them in stock I'm pretty sure, should be at your door within days if that's the route you want to go.

ETA: The enlarged image of the "NGA Proprietary Compensator" is marked as PWS... so yeah, count Sheepdog's post as another +1 for the PWS design

The muzzle device on the Next Generation Arms ARs is either the PWS FSC 556 or an exact copy by looking at it.

"NGA Proprietary Compensator"... I dunno about that one.

Don't get me started on NGA...

Go with the PWS version. Rainier Arms has them in stock I'm pretty sure, should be at your door within days if that's the route you want to go.

ETA: The enlarged image of the "NGA Proprietary Compensator" is marked as PWS... so yeah, count Sheepdog's post as another +1 for the PWS design

+1. "Proprietary" and they use a stock photo from PWS. Interesting.

I digress. I went out and shot my 5.56 the other day and it still amazes me how well the PWS brake works!

Notice I spelled this "brake", not "break". As "break" is to break your leg. "Brake", is to limit, or stop flash from the muzzle. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top