JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A couple years ago I drafted a 'working drawing' of an Idea for a portable shooting bench that could be carried in the receiver hitch of a vehicle, left on and with legs that could be extended when in position to shoot to create a 'three point' support.

I have been kicking around the idea of building one for myself and wondering if anyone thought something like this practical enough to build a couple for sale.

So please do not ask me to post scans of my drawings (as they are not super-clear) but just give me a basic opinion on the potential practicality of something like this.

I REALIZE a major detractor is being able to back the vehicle up to the particular shooting area to use it while still in the receiver so I added an additional support in my plan that would allow it to be used off the vehicle.

Anyway critique away!

Neat idea!

Suggestion would be to make it possible to fold up. A table hanging off the end of a truck going up to where I normally shoot would get smashed.

A rack or box under the table to store sand bags when in the folded up position would be cool.

I am too cheap to buy it but its a cool idea.

A table hanging off the end of a truck going up to where I normally shoot would get smashed.
Good point and I originally thought of this and designed the actual 'table' portion of it is relatively small because of it.

The whole thing is somewhat smaller than any 'typical' shooting table/bench that sets on the ground and is not going to have much room other than for the shooter and gun so ammo, mags, binos etc. will have to be stored in a small box I drew in to be mounted off to the side.

Can it be used with the rig sideways too? Reason I ask is that I used to like to shoot off the hood of the PU. Also, I'm not sure I'd like to be squeezed between the table and bumper.

Additionally, does it come with a stinger for the hitch? If so, make sure it fits tightly... movement of the table surface would be a negative.

Can it be used with the rig sideways too?
Not in my basic design as it would be vertical with the vehicle off the rear.

I'm not sure I'd like to be squeezed between the table and bumper.
You would not be. It has it's own seat you will step up to sit on.

Additionally, does it come with a stinger for the hitch?
Yes, it will have a section of receiver tube with a 5/8" hole drilled for a hitch pin.

If so, make sure it fits tightly
It will, and the design of the front 'legs' will create little to no movement.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top