JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You need to use your own judgemet on some of his opinions. I don't agree with many. And magnetic partical testing is not like x-ray testing. Not where I worked anyways.

That's not the first time I have read of piston harmonics reducing accuracy. It's a great idea but between the weight and slight loss in accuracy I have passed so far. The Anderson kit has had my attention for a while. But I have a hard time finding fault with original DI design. It gets dirty with cheap ammo but what doesn't ? Keeps on running and that's the main thing. I have no doubt the pistons run cooler and cleaner. But those are not an issues for me and CLP.

I chose the LWRC M6 A2 piston gun because of my first AR type rifle. I loved the way they shoot and stay clean. Accuracy has never been a problem, especially with a heavy (bull) barrel.

Adding a kit to a DI to make it a piston operated gun is a waste of time IMHO.

If you want to see harmonics, watch any rifle, especially AR's, with a standard free floated barrel in slow motion. I don't buy the added harmonics issue with newer upper echelon piston rifles.

Piston or DI are capable of sub-MOA accuracy. The barrel is going to have way more impact on it than the gas system. The notion that piston ARs are inherently not as accurate based solely on the gas system is just internet rhetoric. A well made factory piston AR can be capable of sub-MOA. Aftermarket conversions (such as the one used in the link provided earlier) can vary.

Its amazing how technology can change and make things different. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads