JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What level of medical training should a person have?

• None

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Care / treatment of minor injuries

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Stabilizing major injuries until professional help arrives

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Care / treatment of major injuries (help isn't coming)

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Brain surgery

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Most here know i'm a retired Combat Medic, so my training goes far beyond what most would ever see. With that said, I caution and preach the old saw of "Do No Harm" when treating trauma, in other words, don't make things worse. As far as what a person should be capable of, that's an open/loaded question, I say it all comes down to how well you learn and retain it, and how often you practice it. Get book smart, and keep the gear to reasonable levels and study and practice often! It may very well end up being YOU and only you in a situation and you may be needed to preform beyond your skill level, and at least trying can have an effect on the outcome! In years past, I would have said not to go beyond your training, but that isn't really right, you should ALWAYS try and do the best you can, like I said, you may be the ONLY one there, so having some knoloage and skill will surely go a long ways!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews