JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finding 6" diameter PVC is near impossible at Lowes and Home Depot since the largest diameter they carry is 4". Once you add the cost of end caps, etc. it's fairly expensive too, but that's not my problem, I can't even find the pvc I'm looking for.

As such I am turning to the monovault, however, I've had bad luck with the gamma seal lids on my food storage buckets. I've had 2 gama seal lids crack completely. They were never stacked on top of each other or anything, they just cracked around the ring over time. Very lame. The only thing that makes me wonder if the monovaults will be any better is the protective cover lid that screws on over the gamma seal.

Anyone have any feedback on these? Are they worth the price? They are rather expensive too, but at least it is easier to get.

SO if 6" PVC is hard to find at Lowes or Home Depot why not just buy it from the suppliers that sell it? Here in Salem it would be someone like Saffron Supply or one of the industrial pipe suppliers. We have piles of plastic pipe in our junk pile at work (we do underground) I'm sure other construction companies have the same. And they buy it all some where local.

You know what I checked again today and Lowes finally has some in stock. I think I'm going to stick with PVC instead of the monovaults. I've had bad experiences with those gamma seal lids just sitting in a closet. I can't imagine how badly they would perform outdoors under ground.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews