JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nobody else can legally load it for you unless they are licensed to do so.

If someone was to figure in their time even with a good progressive press the price would be similar to what you pay retail bulk.

I aslo suggest getting into reloading yourself.

I really havnt wanted to get involved until recently when prices and supply have gone up and out. I have always saved my brass and so i have a lot. What would it cost roughly?? dye are pretty cheap i know, but there has to be someone that does it in their spare time already

find someone that has a press, you buy the components and use there equipment. that way you can reload your brass and learn at the same time.
btw don't forget to leave some brass, powder,primer's or bullets as a good will gesture.

Nobody else can legally load it for you unless they are licensed to do so.

Not TOTALLY true. One can not reload and sell their product as a business. Nothing stops anyone from reloading for a friend, neighbor, or acquaintance, and getting "reimbursed" for the process. Just can't be a "business" which most will agree is an entity that provides goods or service for a profit.

There are liability issues with both businesses and casual reloaders. The difference is that a business has insurance in order to comply with local licensing requirements (at least here in WA) and the casual reloader won't.

I am an advocate of anyone who has a "mass amount of brass" that they want loaded strongly consider getting into reloading. That brass will be empty again and again so why not be able to fill it yourself?

If you order components and reload in bulk

8 pounds of H335 is roughly $150 per 2000 round
Bullets $90 per 1000 =$180 per 2000
Primers $20 per 1000 = $40 per 2000

so $330 per 2000 plus your brass and time, and that's after the machine dies, tumbler, scale, etc etc,

Reloading is cost effective but only in time or you shoot alot.

But if you keep your stock up you dont run out or have to pay extra in times like this. Today I pumped out another 1500 to add to the 10+K i have stacked , and have enough components in hand to make another 10K, then i shift back to pistol

Oh and just to vent, i hate crimped brass, the last 3k i picked up that were supposed to be not crimped have about 1200 crimped. Add that to the 1000 i got before that what were not supposed to be crimped that showed up crimped i have a little work in front of me tomorrow. Both purchased were off this board and shipped. :(

Oh and just to vent, i hate crimped brass, the last 3k i picked up that were supposed to be not crimped have about 1200 crimped. Add that to the 1000 i got before that what were not supposed to be crimped that showed up crimped i have a little work in front of me tomorrow. Both purchased were off this board and shipped. :(

And I just love the fact that there are those who hate crimped brass and just leave it behind. I pick up thousands of pieces of crimped brass every year. Get so much that when I sort out the headstamps I want to keep, the extra I take to the recycler has more than paid for my Dillon Super Swage.

That tool lets me swage primer pockets so easy that I can go through 500-600 per hour. Free brass is certainly worth the investment of time for me.

I know what you mean, I bought 6k for a little while ago that was supposedly not crimped and every single piece was crimped. :mad: Good thing I didn't have to take care of them. Lol

And I just love the fact that there are those who hate crimped brass and just leave it behind. I pick up thousands of pieces of crimped brass every year. Get so much that when I sort out the headstamps I want to keep, the extra I take to the recycler has more than paid for my Dillon Super Swage.

That tool lets me swage primer pockets so easy that I can go through 500-600 per hour. Free brass is certainly worth the investment of time for me.

Oh im with ya if its free, but paying for non crimped and getting crimped i a kick in the balls.

Getting the brass prepped is the biggest hassle in reloading rifle cases, with trimming and primer crimp removal being the two biggest. I went all out with the case trimmer and got the Giraud after using a Dillon electric unit for a while and a Redding hand lathe type for a VERY short while. I went all out on the primer crimp removing too with the Dillon swager. I process the cases and then run them thru my Dillon 550 press to drop the powder and seat the bullets.

I've had some good luck down here in Eugene. there's a small gun shop that ive been buying primers by the brick, reasonable prices too. I agree with powder shortages though, when you do find some you like, dont hesitate on buying what they have.

Given the scarcity of .223 Rem appropriate powder, I went ahead tonight and pulled the trigger on a pair of 8 lb kegs of Alliant 1200 R powder. I have never seen any of it before, but it is supposed to be similar to Reloder 10 in burn rate and their loading data looks decent for bullets up to 55 gr. Given that I have had acceptable results with a multitude of powders over the years of loading the .223, I thought I would take a chance. (I did a similar gamble a few years ago on some Ramshot TAC that I got for $79.99 per 8 pounder)That worked out well, I should have ordered a couple more kegs of it before it became unavailable. Also missed an opportunity a couple months ago when Midsouth Shooters Supply offered 8 lb kegs of Alliant Varmint Pro for $99.95 each. Since I hadn't tried it, and couldn't find anyone else who had, I passed. Decided I better not snooze on the 1200R while it was still available.

Given the scarcity of .223 Rem appropriate powder,

Another powder that's relatively new and doesn't have a million "followers" yet is CFE223 from Hodgdon. If you see any of this, and not your old favorite, go for it. It's great powder for both .223 and .308 loads. I'm now using it for all my .223 loads and .308 where I use 168 gr, 175 gr, and 178 gr, bullets with great results. More speed without compressed loads. Same sub .200 groups at 100y as I got with varget with more speed to reach out to the longer ranges.

Also, after 200 rounds through the .308, almost NO copper trace on the patch when cleaning.

Since it's new on the market there might be more available due to the unfamiliarity.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top