JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking to buy one of these two .380 ACP's. Tisas Fatih B 380 or a Zenith Girsan MC-14. Do any of you guys have experience with either?

Thank you.

I had the Tisas Fatih 380.
Excellent. Superb fit and finish. Nothing at all wrong with it.

Replaced it with the Beretta on which it is based, as I have a bit of a Beretta addiction.

.380 tends to have a rather snappy, even uncomfortable recoil in many blowback pistols. Decades ago, I fired a Sig P230 when they had just come out. Even though it had only moderate power, it was darned uncomfortable to put many rounds through. If you can find a locked breech .380, I think the recoil would be more tolerable. Trouble is that most of them were mini-1911s made by Star or Llama and are long out of print.

For $399 retail, The Rock Island BBR .380 sounds interesting. Apparently, it is a locked breech.

I do have a Star .380 and it's a smaller version of the 1911. As you say, it's a locked breach and very easy to shoot. Looking for then same on this second one I'd like to have.

I am getting so many good suggestions, I had no idea there were so many .380 ACP's out there! I'm still favoring a breech lock system, but blowback is certainly more prevalent.

Original Poster,

I don't know if this will help you or not but here goes.

My husband got a GLOCK pistol in .380 acp around Christmas/New Year's time frame and he absolutely LOVES it! Our sweet FFL friend and dealer special ordered it for him.

G42 pistol:

It is very accurate and he likes it for certain types of carry.

He usually carries a Glock 45acp pistol.

I never bought or owned a .380 acp caliber pistol.

He is VERY pleased with his new pistol and he would suggest it to someone who wants a .380 acp caliber pistol.

I am sorry that I can't help you with those 2 brand names of pistols in your original post. I do not know anything about them at all.

Best wishes to you.

Cate
PS: He is very pleased with the ammunition that he bought for it too.

I had a Tisas for a while. It was well made and reliable but had a fairly stout recoil. More than my arthritic old hands liked anyway.
Seems like the 9x17/.380/9mm kurz is being up-loaded these days to (maybe) increase power closer to 9x18 soviet levels. That's my experience, but I still like the ol Makarov, personally, altho ammo is getting harder to find. The .380 has many more bullet types available than does the Mak.

The Shield ez in .380, and the sig p365 are reported to be nice, soft recoiling versions. We got the Shield ez in 9mm, and it's not bad at all, for recoil. I tend to shy away from the Turkish made pistols, just because I tend to put a lot of rounds downrange through everything and the cheaper stuff always seems to break in ways that are difficult to repair.

The Shield ez in .380, and the sig p365 are reported to be nice, soft recoiling versions. We got the Shield ez in 9mm, and it's not bad at all, for recoil. I tend to shy away from the Turkish made pistols, just because I tend to put a lot of rounds downrange through everything and the cheaper stuff always seems to break in ways that are difficult to repair.
Ha! I have a Turkish Mauser with a 1918 receiver that ain't broke yet... Heh, granted it was probably rebuilt or refurbed at some point... Ive been interested in a Canik 9mm pistol, but I can't get one here in colorado people's republic because of "our" 15-round magazine limit.

Ha! I have a Turkish Mauser with a 1918 receiver that ain't broke yet... Heh, granted it was probably rebuilt or refurbed at some point... Ive been interested in a Canik 9mm pistol, but I can't get one here in colorado people's republic because of "our" 15-round magazine limit.
Those Caniks DO sound good.

I've been looking to buy one of these two .380 ACP's. Tisas Fatih B 380 or a Zenith Girsan MC-14. Do any of you guys have experience with either?

Thank you.
A .380 really only serves 1 purpose, point-blank self defense. You don't need long range accuracy or any sighting options. Get something simple, reliable, and affordable that's comfortable to carry. I like the RM380, personally. It's eaten everything I've fed it and it's easy to maintain.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top