Defensive Arts
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Gun Deals
Landhawk Arms
Low Price Guns
J&B Firearm Sales
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Anyone intrigued about the Taurus TX22?

Catherine1

Reactions
I have heard complaints about the brand, Taurus, over the years. I heard about it back in the 90's when I first started looking at firearms. People steered me away from that brand and they actually gave me examples.

Your mileage may vary. NO problem.

I have heard complaints where the company failed to fix or even communicate with a buyer of their firearms brand when the gun needed work.

I was told to stay clear of the brand due to many of their issues over the years.

They personally never interested me. NO offense to any person who loved and still love their Taurus firearms.

I stuck to Glock, Smith and Wesson d/a revolvers and 2 semi automatic pistols and to Ruger single action revolvers when I first got into shooting and BUYING my own guns. (Three other name brands for rifles back east and a few more out here.) I would do the same thing ALL OVER AGAIN if I was in the market for handguns and did not have hand arthritis and other old physical issues too. (I do not own, carry or shoot handguns any longer.)

I do realize that GLOCK apparently has some BIG issues with their NEW RELEASE of their 22lr pistol too! Holy moly!

I am NOT knocking any person who buys, owns and loves to shoot 22lr handguns or rifles. I owned them with my CF handguns and LOVED to shoot them.

I LOVE 22lr and 22wmr calibers! I only own a 22lr right now. I mainly shoot 1 CZ rifle in 22lr now.

I could shoot a LOT and more often at a cheaper cost because I mixed in my 22lr firearms with my CF firearms.
I used to be a HIGH volume shooter back east and when I first moved out west too.

I would NEVER put down a person who chooses that caliber and/or SCOFF at a 22lr or 22wmr CALIBER firearm due to any reason whether they are a NEWBIE, handicapped person, older person, a child/teen, any adult who loves to shoot 22lr, etc.

I believe that if you want to BUY and shoot that brand even if I choose NOT to buy one - go for it! NO matter what caliber you choose to shoot - if you LOVE the brand and TRUST it - buy it and be happy.

Best wishes to you!

Old Lady Cate

Last edited:
Reactions
I think I'll pass.
Instead of jumping into an echo chamber, I'll base my opinion off of folks I know personally that own and shoot them.
I will say that internet or otherwise, I have not heard of a single one failing in the way the Glock 44 has.
So you'll ignore piles of complaints on Taurus and that particular model, because it's the internet. But Glock 44 complaints on the internet are reliable and trustworthy?:rolleyes:

The internet is a data point. It's unlikely that people are going to create an account on a forum and write a review and post fake pictures of gun (or any other product) failures. As I mentioned, over on Taurus Armed, where they actively suppress aggressive complaints, there's at least a dozen TX22 complaints.

If you want to ignore complaints, when told where they exist en mass, be my guest. I wish I had listened to the thousands of "avoid Taurus" warnings...

Reno

Reactions
So you'll ignore piles of complaints on Taurus and that particular model, because it's the internet. But Glock 44 complaints on the internet are reliable and trustworthy?:rolleyes:

The internet is a data point. It's unlikely that people are going to create an account on a forum and write a review and post fake pictures of gun (or any other product) failures. As I mentioned, over on Taurus Armed, where they actively suppress aggressive complaints, there's at least a dozen TX22 complaints.

If you want to ignore complaints, when told where they exist en mass, be my guest. I wish I had listened to the thousands of "avoid Taurus" warnings...
Why not ignore the complaints?

Folks clearly ignore the positive reviews as well, as if they have more merit based on the amount of times they repeat said complaints?

OldTengu

Reactions

I'm comparing the two against each other based on what I've seen and heard from folks who own them in real life.
I have owned several taurus pistols. No complaint. I own several Glocks. One was failing dramatically, and needed to go back to the factory. My experience with both brands factors in as well.

Additionally, maybe try not to be so inflammatory. All that anger is gonna give you butthole cancer.

Reactions
Other than a revolver, name a .22 that runs 100% with all available ammo.

So, a revolver - when kept clean - is the only choice?
Sounds like you haven't owned too many Taurus revolvers. Revolvers aren't as reliable as they appear. Don't feed your rimfires junk or underpowered ammo. Would you rather have a broken gun or one that's just finicky with ammo? There are plenty of centerfires that are ammo sensitive yet they're durable and well made.

UPCOMING EVENTS

ARPC Speed Steel
ARPC (Albany Rifle & Pistol Club)
29999 Saddle Butte Rd, Shedd, OR 97377, USA
Wes Knodel Gun Show
Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center
3800 SE Airport Way, Redmond, OR 97756, USA
NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Bill Blowers - Tap-Rack Tactical Tac - Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    My wife went into to pickup a firearm she bought from a online retailer and shipped to sunset firearms. She had a great experience and had a...
    • NWArborist
  • Independence Indoor Shooting
    5.00 star(s)
    I've bought one firearm and many other random items at IIS. The gun was priced really well, and was the best price I could find the area. My...
    • TDH
  • Stockpile Defense, LLC
    5.00 star(s)
    I've bought a few lowers here, and many other AR parts. They have a really nice selection of guns and parts, not just AR. They are willing to...
    • TDH
  • Gun & Boot & Gear - Astoria
    5.00 star(s)
    Good bunch of guys! Always treated me well, and in some cases better then expected. Highly recommend swinging by and talking with Andrew about any...
    • jblake00
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Seen it from the highway a few times, so made the effort to go in yesterday lunchtime- What an awesome store ! Big, bight, well laid out, with a...
    • asiparks

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS