JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Me when I see the same old folks posting in a thread about guns they refuse to own, but are considered experts for reading and regurgitating info off the web.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The TX22is a great pistol. Truth be told, yes it is more reliable than the Glock 44. Just as light too. The Glock is made better. Mostly I'm because it's a Glock. However it's wildly unreliable with most lightweight 22lr ammo. They seem to have royally F'd up the magazines as they are the weak link in its reliability. The TX22 is accurate, reliable, and very enjoyable to shoot. It has a very nice trigger, reset and light aluminum slide. The mags are reliable and hold 15 rounds. The barrel is pre threaded, and it comes with a 1/2x28 barrel adapter in the box.

I'm nearing 10k on mine, and it's truly fun to shoot. I enjoy it more than I did my Rugers and other various 22lr pistols I've owned in the past.

Get off your soap boxes. You've all purchased cheap guns and you know it.

This is a GREAT gun. Other than the rifling looking like termites milled them in the dark. If you took one apart, you'd be surprised just how close to a centerfire it's like and I'm sure pleasantly surprised at its reliability and accuracy, too. I really can't say enough good about my TX-22, just a good gun at an affordable price
Bearing in mind thnat Taurus is an advertiser, Shooting Times' April 2020 issue loves it.

As to the hundreds of poly pistols on the market, precious few do a thing for me. Nothing from Austria. Slovakia on the other hand... Grand Power makes the Stribog and some really accurate rotary barrel 9s and 45s.

Little addition to my praise earlier, the thing weighs just this side of nothing. If you've got real young shooters that you're training, it comes in handy. The bull barrel steel frame Ruger got tiring for my little nephew fairly quickly

This is one of the main reasons I picked it up. My daughter had a hard time holding the S&W Victory up, and same with my 22 revolver. She shoots the TX22 like a champ and has fun doing it. Now instead of her getting tired and bored, I get to spend lots of time at the range with her and it costs next to nothing to feed, and as a plus I have another gun I like to shoot too.

This is one of the main reasons I picked it up. My daughter had a hard time holding the S&W Victory up, and sam with my 22 revolver. She shoots the TX22 like a champ and has fun doing it. Now instead of her getting tired and bored, I get to spend lots of time at the range with her and it costs next to nothing to feed.
Ok, this would be one good reason, my daughter does the same with a little LCR .22 we have.

Me when I see the same old folks posting in a thread about guns they refuse to own

Its not that we refuse to own one its that alot of us have already been burned one.. two.. or three times. The new taurus may be the bees knees but ill never know. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

I just don't get the point of an semi auto .22

But hey, have fun with your pee-shooter.

I am guessing you would absolutely hate my 7.5" AR pistol with a .22 conversion and a binary trigger. There is no point to that other than to turn money into noise at a high rate.

I have seen several reviews that seemed to be quite happy with them. It would depend of course on what you want it for? Did you already buy it? If so and you are happy with it? Little late now. I have had several of their guns over the years and never had a problem. They sell a hell of a lot of them and of course some problems do get past. The one thing what would give me pause is the tales of how hard it is to get a problem fixed. I am hearing a lot of this. For that reason I would tend to avoid one if, someone with a better reputation was offering something that would work in my price range. If you already bought it hopefully it works? Let us know what happens when you get it to the range. :)

I have seen several reviews that seemed to be quite happy with them. It would depend of course on what you want it for? Did you already buy it? If so and you are happy with it? Little late now. I have had several of their guns over the years and never had a problem. They sell a hell of a lot of them and of course some problems do get past. The one thing what would give me pause is the tales of how hard it is to get a problem fixed. I am hearing a lot of this. For that reason I would tend to avoid one if, someone with a better reputation was offering something that would work in my price range. If you already bought it hopefully it works? Let us know what happens when you get it to the range. :)
Someone with a better reputation did recently make a .22 auto, and from many accounts it's kind of crap and expensive to boot. I don't have the new Glock, but right now I think the Tarus was a better choice.

I am guessing you would absolutely hate my 7.5" AR pistol with a .22 conversion and a binary trigger. There is no point to that other than to turn money into noise at a high rate.
Hey sounds like a fun way to burn up some cash to me! I built a shorty AR in 9mm and it has me buying a lot of 9mm as it's just too damn much fun. I thought it would be fun for a while and I would rotate it in the weekly shooting. I tend to want to take the damn thing every week. May be worth buying a conversion to shoot .22 it it at this rate. I just ordered another case of 9 from SG. Think this is my 4th damn case since I built this little monster;);)

Hey sounds like a fun way to burn up some cash to me! I built a shorty AR in 9mm and it has me buying a lot of 9mm as it's just too damn much fun. I thought it would be fun for a while and I would rotate it in the weekly shooting. I tend to want to take the damn thing every week. May be worth buying a conversion to shoot .22 it it at this rate. I just ordered another case of 9 from SG. Think this is my 4th damn case since I built this little monster;);)
Ya, I actually love it and it goes with me to the woods every time. It's also fun to pull the .22 conversion kit and make some real noise with 5.56. It's way too annoying to other shooters to take to the local range though with 5.56.

This is one of the main reasons I picked it up. My daughter had a hard time holding the S&W Victory up, and same with my 22 revolver. She shoots the TX22 like a champ and has fun doing it. Now instead of her getting tired and bored, I get to spend lots of time at the range with her and it costs next to nothing to feed, and as a plus I have another gun I like to shoot too.
Now in that case this makes perfect sense. If it will get another shooter to the range and they have fun? Hell yes it was worth it.

Ya, I actually love it and it goes with me to the woods every time. It's also fun to pull the .22 conversion kit and make some real noise with 5.56. It's way too annoying to other shooter to take to the local range though with 5.56.
I had someone with a .223 shorty next to me the couple trips back. When he first started in I thought he had some kind of large magnum. When I saw the brass I was surprised it was just a .223. It was LOUD. Did not really bother me but I was glad the Wife was not with me that day. That kind of thing just ruins it for her. Those shorties are loud in .223. Kind of reminded me of those old Ruger's that used .30 Carbine ammo. first time I shot one I was shocked at how damn loud it was :eek:

I had someone with a .223 shorty next to me the couple trips back. When he first started in I thought he had some kind of large magnum. When I saw the brass I was surprised it was just a .223. It was LOUD. Did not really bother me but I was glad the Wife was not with me that day. That kind of thing just ruins it for her. Those shorties are loud in .223. Kind of reminded me of those old Ruger's that used .30 Carbine ammo. first time I shot one I was shocked at how damn loud it was :eek:
Ya, it's pretty obnoxious, with some big bubblegum fireballs to boot.

As a side note, I just realised this site converts some words to bubblegum automatically. That hilarious, I've just thought everyone on this site was really Magoo for the last couple of years!

I got a TX22 last November and I like the light weight. It feels good in the hand, and has near zero recoil - fun to shoot and perfect for teaching kids. And a lot chaper to shoot than my 9mm P226.

went to cascade farm and ranch to purchase a Taurus tx22 ,....229.00 on sale....any thoughts?
Bought mine when they first came out. Been a blast to shoot and accurate. Being I got mine when it first came out I did have one we're the barrel would lead up still shot it and just kept the barrel clean. After a while I contacted Taurus about it and with in a few weeks a new barrel was in my mail box and I didn't even have to send the old one back. No more problems with lead in the barrel and still just as accurate as when I first pulled it out of the box. That was the only issue I have had.customer service was just fine for me easy and simple. Pistol will eat what I have put in it and it's all been bulk ammo at least at 1500 rounds. Been very happy with mine and would buy again. Great started pistol And fun to plink and has a great trigger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top