JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have heard complaints about the brand, Taurus, over the years. I heard about it back in the 90's when I first started looking at firearms. People steered me away from that brand and they actually gave me examples.

Your mileage may vary. NO problem.

I have heard complaints where the company failed to fix or even communicate with a buyer of their firearms brand when the gun needed work.

I was told to stay clear of the brand due to many of their issues over the years.

They personally never interested me. NO offense to any person who loved and still love their Taurus firearms.

I stuck to Glock, Smith and Wesson d/a revolvers and 2 semi automatic pistols and to Ruger single action revolvers when I first got into shooting and BUYING my own guns. (Three other name brands for rifles back east and a few more out here.) I would do the same thing ALL OVER AGAIN if I was in the market for handguns and did not have hand arthritis and other old physical issues too. (I do not own, carry or shoot handguns any longer.)

I do realize that GLOCK apparently has some BIG issues with their NEW RELEASE of their 22lr pistol too! Holy moly!

I am NOT knocking any person who buys, owns and loves to shoot 22lr handguns or rifles. I owned them with my CF handguns and LOVED to shoot them.

I LOVE 22lr and 22wmr calibers! I only own a 22lr right now. I mainly shoot 1 CZ rifle in 22lr now.

I could shoot a LOT and more often at a cheaper cost because I mixed in my 22lr firearms with my CF firearms.
I used to be a HIGH volume shooter back east and when I first moved out west too.

I would NEVER put down a person who chooses that caliber and/or SCOFF at a 22lr or 22wmr CALIBER firearm due to any reason whether they are a NEWBIE, handicapped person, older person, a child/teen, any adult who loves to shoot 22lr, etc.

I believe that if you want to BUY and shoot that brand even if I choose NOT to buy one - go for it! NO matter what caliber you choose to shoot - if you LOVE the brand and TRUST it - buy it and be happy.

Best wishes to you!

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
I think I'll pass.
Instead of jumping into an echo chamber, I'll base my opinion off of folks I know personally that own and shoot them.
I will say that internet or otherwise, I have not heard of a single one failing in the way the Glock 44 has.

So you'll ignore piles of complaints on Taurus and that particular model, because it's the internet. But Glock 44 complaints on the internet are reliable and trustworthy?:rolleyes:

The internet is a data point. It's unlikely that people are going to create an account on a forum and write a review and post fake pictures of gun (or any other product) failures. As I mentioned, over on Taurus Armed, where they actively suppress aggressive complaints, there's at least a dozen TX22 complaints.

If you want to ignore complaints, when told where they exist en mass, be my guest. I wish I had listened to the thousands of "avoid Taurus" warnings...

So you'll ignore piles of complaints on Taurus and that particular model, because it's the internet. But Glock 44 complaints on the internet are reliable and trustworthy?:rolleyes:

The internet is a data point. It's unlikely that people are going to create an account on a forum and write a review and post fake pictures of gun (or any other product) failures. As I mentioned, over on Taurus Armed, where they actively suppress aggressive complaints, there's at least a dozen TX22 complaints.

If you want to ignore complaints, when told where they exist en mass, be my guest. I wish I had listened to the thousands of "avoid Taurus" warnings...
Why not ignore the complaints?

Folks clearly ignore the positive reviews as well, as if they have more merit based on the amount of times they repeat said complaints?

I'm comparing the two against each other based on what I've seen and heard from folks who own them in real life.
I have owned several taurus pistols. No complaint. I own several Glocks. One was failing dramatically, and needed to go back to the factory. My experience with both brands factors in as well.

Additionally, maybe try not to be so inflammatory. All that anger is gonna give you butthole cancer.

Other than a revolver, name a .22 that runs 100% with all available ammo.

So, a revolver - when kept clean - is the only choice?

Sounds like you haven't owned too many Taurus revolvers. Revolvers aren't as reliable as they appear. Don't feed your rimfires junk or underpowered ammo. Would you rather have a broken gun or one that's just finicky with ammo? There are plenty of centerfires that are ammo sensitive yet they're durable and well made.

Finally picked up this little TX22.

IMG-20200506-125339932.jpg

Didn't do a real scientific test, but I did try a few different ammo types, from Stingers down to Subsonic Winchesters. 165 rounds.

P1020251.JPG

I was ready to report 100% perfect function, but during the 9th magazine, I had one Federal bulk round short stroke and not fully eject. No other failures before or after. I sure can't say that about the very similar Glock 44.

Accuracy? I'll just make excuses. :s0078: This was only a function test. All these rounds were shot off a bench at 50 yards. Little chips of clay birds on the berm were the target. I hit a couple.:D

Last Edited:
I think the brand has earned the bashing due to guns like the one below (1 million guns recalled in that class action lawsuit). But having said that, it seems to me that it's rare for a brand to produce 100% junk (they do exist, insert some names like Jennings etc here) and also rare for a brand to produce 100% gold quality. No experience with that model myself. For some reason I can't watch this video without laughing. Just so random when it goes off. :p

Last Edited:
Having owned several Taurus firearms I can say that they are hit and miss. All of the semi-autos have required at least a couple hundred rounds to begin cycling consistently. Every gun I buy gets a full cleaning before I shoot it. The semis are what they are - an inexpensive firearm. Some will run great and some will have problems. I'd put them a little above Kel-Tek in quality. I won't carry one if I have other choices. So I think this new gun could be just like their other semi-autos. If you get one that runs, you got a great deal. If you get one that has issues, you need to send it in. To be fair, I've always gotten good service from them, so there is that.

Now the one Taurus revolver that I've owned was terrific. Smooth action, great trigger, no issues ever. The thing is, I don't think they designed it. :rolleyes:

For what its worth I had the glock 44 and it wouldn't run for bubblegum even with CCI mini mags. My buddy has a Taurus and runs it suppressed and un suppressed and it has been flawless for him.

I just don't get the point of an semi auto .22

But hey, have fun with your pee-shooter.

Pea shooters have killed Grizzly Bears. That said....The full size Taurus TX22 is a great practice pistol, and an accurate,reliable,16 round pistol.My friend and I shot ours today. We ran 400 rounds of Winchester Super X between us, as well as many more Federal Bulk. We never had a hiccup with the Super X and a scant few with the Bulk Federals.My younger shooting pard. is a fantastic handgun shot and I'm still fair at 77. The Taurus is more accurate than either one of us. I wouldn't feel under powered with one in concealed carry. If I couldn't stop a threat at 12 yds with head shots, (ESP) 16 plus rounds,I would just carry the shot gun concealedo_O

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top