JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Deadeye". Always seemed like the tall dark stranger, in the shadows. Picture a black cowboy hat sitting low. You never see the eyes. You don't mess with deadeye.

Then he pops into a thread once in awhile with some helpful info. Not so scary after all. :D

I'm not exactly his favorite person - but his absence has been noticed...
Who said you weren't my favorite?

I am still here...... Just had another vacation in the hospital, it's the only way @Joe Link will give any of us time off, last year it was a triple bypass vacay.

I was having some pains and other issues back at the end of march and was trying to self heal but that didnt work out too well.......... I ended up going to urgent care but they couldnt help so I went (ambulance ride) to local hospital and they couldnt help so (another ambulance ride) ended up in Corvallis hosp with a major case of sepsis. They did 10 1/2 hrs of surgery, yes 10 1/2 hrs. I was circling the drain when I got there. I'll insert some advice here.......Dont put off going to the doctor!

According to the doctors I had a blood clot or a few in the area I had a stent put in in my right leg that caused an infection. I had several transfusions a ton of I.V antibiotics and all the fun that comes along with that. I had at least six different groups of doctors working on me during the 3 1/2 weeks I was in the hospital. They did cat scans, full spinal MRI, and put a scope down my throat to look at my heart valves, dont ask me how that one works.......

After the hospital I went to skilled nursing aka nursing home for another month still doing I.V antibiotics and blood testing. I finally got to go home the end of May but was still recovering and going to alot of Dr. apps.

I have a foot long incision scar on each side of my right calf.several synthetic veins, a few more stents in my upper right side and a few very weird shaped incisions in my groin area and upper right chest. I am still working on getting my right leg to work fully and still cant drive. Getting better at being able to sit and get up from standard height chairs. I am working on getting back, this is the first time I have been able to sit at the computer for a decent length without the circulation in my leg causing pain. I'm old school and have a desk top, flip phone and think a tablet is a stack of note paper.............

This vacation was longer but I still dont feel well rested............

Dang, that was close. Welcome back and here's hoping you a full and rapid recovery.
A couple years ago my closest first cousin died of sepsis.. long story, terrible health was a major factor.

Dang, that was close. Welcome back and here's hoping you a full and rapid recovery.
A couple years ago my closest first cousin died of sepsis.. long story, terrible health was a major factor.
Yep the surgeon said if I had waited another day maybe two to go to urgent care I wouldn't still be here. Really lucky I still have my right leg. These fake veins are weird, but they seem to be working OK, I can feel them and some of the places where they connect.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews