JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who said you weren't my favorite?

I am still here...... Just had another vacation in the hospital, it's the only way @Joe Link will give any of us time off, last year it was a triple bypass vacay.

I was having some pains and other issues back at the end of march and was trying to self heal but that didnt work out too well.......... I ended up going to urgent care but they couldnt help so I went (ambulance ride) to local hospital and they couldnt help so (another ambulance ride) ended up in Corvallis hosp with a major case of sepsis. They did 10 1/2 hrs of surgery, yes 10 1/2 hrs. I was circling the drain when I got there. I'll insert some advice here.......Dont put off going to the doctor!

According to the doctors I had a blood clot or a few in the area I had a stent put in in my right leg that caused an infection. I had several transfusions a ton of I.V antibiotics and all the fun that comes along with that. I had at least six different groups of doctors working on me during the 3 1/2 weeks I was in the hospital. They did cat scans, full spinal MRI, and put a scope down my throat to look at my heart valves, dont ask me how that one works.......

After the hospital I went to skilled nursing aka nursing home for another month still doing I.V antibiotics and blood testing. I finally got to go home the end of May but was still recovering and going to alot of Dr. apps.

I have a foot long incision scar on each side of my right calf.several synthetic veins, a few more stents in my upper right side and a few very weird shaped incisions in my groin area and upper right chest. I am still working on getting my right leg to work fully and still cant drive. Getting better at being able to sit and get up from standard height chairs. I am working on getting back, this is the first time I have been able to sit at the computer for a decent length without the circulation in my leg causing pain. I'm old school and have a desk top, flip phone and think a tablet is a stack of note paper.............

This vacation was longer but I still dont feel well rested............
Glad you let them give you the overhaul, brother. After all the time and energy we've spent as a species researching medicine, might as well get all the use out of it you can.

Now we just gotta get you some portable tech. Laptops have been around since the 386, you can have one and still call yourself old school. If you're gonna be laid up, might as well be laid up and entertained. We won't tell Joey, so you can still get the time off :p

When it rains, it pours. I couldn't help but notice the timings etc..

Who said you weren't my favorite?

I am still here...... Just had another vacation in the hospital, it's the only way @Joe Link will give any of us time off, last year it was a triple bypass vacay.

I was having some pains and other issues back at the end of march and was trying to self heal but that didnt work out too well.......... I ended up going to urgent care but they couldnt help so I went (ambulance ride) to local hospital and they couldnt help so (another ambulance ride) ended up in Corvallis hosp with a major case of sepsis. They did 10 1/2 hrs of surgery, yes 10 1/2 hrs. I was circling the drain when I got there. I'll insert some advice here.......Dont put off going to the doctor!

According to the doctors I had a blood clot or a few in the area I had a stent put in in my right leg that caused an infection. I had several transfusions a ton of I.V antibiotics and all the fun that comes along with that. I had at least six different groups of doctors working on me during the 3 1/2 weeks I was in the hospital. They did cat scans, full spinal MRI, and put a scope down my throat to look at my heart valves, dont ask me how that one works.......

After the hospital I went to skilled nursing aka nursing home for another month still doing I.V antibiotics and blood testing. I finally got to go home the end of May but was still recovering and going to alot of Dr. apps.

I have a foot long incision scar on each side of my right calf.several synthetic veins, a few more stents in my upper right side and a few very weird shaped incisions in my groin area and upper right chest. I am still working on getting my right leg to work fully and still cant drive. Getting better at being able to sit and get up from standard height chairs. I am working on getting back, this is the first time I have been able to sit at the computer for a decent length without the circulation in my leg causing pain. I'm old school and have a desk top, flip phone and think a tablet is a stack of note paper.............

This vacation was longer but I still dont feel well rested............
Wow, we talked a bit, but I had no idea the extent of it. I'm happy to hear you're still with us! Take it easy and let me know if there's anything I can do to help :s0155:

"Deadeye". Always seemed like the tall dark stranger, in the shadows. Picture a black cowboy hat sitting low. You never see the eyes. You don't mess with deadeye.

Then he pops into a thread once in awhile with some helpful info. Not so scary after all. :D
Don't mess with him because he will write you up for whatever he can think of.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top