JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Kahr P380 has many well known reliability issues. I've had two that had nothing but problems, and I wasted over a thousand rounds proving that to myself. You may get lucky and get one that works, but for a defensive gun I won't sacrifice reliability.

I totally skipped out on the Kahr p 380 due to the fowl reports on reliability. The Remington RM 380 is know for reliability and accuracy. It is a very simple pistol. I paid $275 at Sportsman's but back last fall there was a $100 rebate on these.

I totally skipped out on the Kahr p 380 due to the fowl reports on reliability. The Remington RM 380 is know for reliability and accuracy. It is a very simple pistol. I paid $275 at Sportsman's but back last fall there was a $100 rebate on these.
Yes and on sale for $225 with that rebate made them $125. I paid just north of $300 when new. I do have a new Taurus Spectrum I have yet to shoot due to Fire danger, but another couple of weeks and maybe. It is promising.

It will take all I have tried, Federal Hydro Shok, Underwood XTP, Remington Golden Sabre or Saber, and PMC Starfire, I shot others that I can't recall. Some I only shot a magazine, but this does seem a reliable shooter of everything.
I almost bought a second one as it was such a bargain, and now I wish I had, but I was mad at it (I had lost the takedown pin and I won't take the blame, so it was the gun's fault!) (I found it) anyway I did not buy a second one.

You just have to keep trying different ammo, mine does not tolerate Fiocchi FMJ, which seems odd to me but I have tried it several times It does fine with PMC FMJ and Underwood XTP (A coned JHP) So all I carry is the Underwood with it...Well any 380 I use the Underwood XTP, I have not found any 380 that won't feed and fire that.

I am looking for a pocket size pistol or revolver that can fit in my summer shorts or summer weight pants. Something smaller than Springfield XDS 9mm. And, hopefully comfortable to put in the pocket. Thanks.

Saw this interesting holster on a google search. Looks a like a "mugger special" ha ha. 'Oh you want my walleT? ok let me get that for you..." Actually if they had reversed it so that the gun could be drawn with the holster staying in the pocket, it would be a pretty cool concept. Wallet Holster For Full Concealment - Remington RM380
gggg.JPG

Saw this interesting holster on a google search. Looks a like a "mugger special" ha ha. 'Oh you want my walleT? ok let me get that for you..." Actually if they had reversed it so that the gun could be drawn with the holster staying in the pocket, it would be a pretty cool concept. Wallet Holster For Full Concealment - Remington RM380
View attachment 497211
I don't want to depend on getting the whole affair out, and then opening it to get to the gun. I did not watch the video so they might have a solution for that.
I have a Crossbreed hybrid pocket holster for my Colt Mustang XSP. You place that holster inside out, in your pocket, to draw you need to get your hand in between the holster backing and the gun (easy with practice) since the backing is next to the outside, it looks , print like a wallet. Easy to draw out of the Kydex portion.
Galco's pocket holster is $30 and while not full coverage it will fully conceal.
Printing is mainly in your mind, not in reality... 'Does this make me look fat?'

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top