JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@tkdguy I'm very surprised by the shade being thrown on this amazing gun! This isn't the "What gun should I get other than the gun I'm asking about?" thread. It is the "What do you think of the P380?" thread.

I have worn my P380 almost all summer! I've owned it for 8+ years and have had zero problems, never a malfunction that I recall and it is surprisingly accurate.

This gun is NOT for every purpose. A 9mm single stack is still the better small gun to have, but this is what the P380 is good for:

-Pocket carry in a holster (I use an Alabama Holsters rig for my pocket), especially in dressier outfits or in a non-permissive environment. When you need to pocket carry and nobody should know, this gun has no rival. Maybe the LCP2 could compete in size and quality, but nothing else.

-Belt carry, but only when minimally dressed. I wore this gun all summer in shorts and a T-shirt while working in the yard every day. It was even smaller than a Shield. A PM9 may work for this duty, too, but since it can work double duty with pocket carry, this works great for deep concealment.

-It locks back on an empty mag.
-It has real sights.
-Magazines are functional and dependable. They don't "leak" rounds like the 9mm single stack Kahr mags have a tendency to do.

I like mine. But it fills a particular niche. I am someone with four carry guns and this fills that one need for a tiny gun that is dependable. This is NOT an EDC gun for year-round carry. I would suggest a 9mm to someone who only as one gun. If this is just one in a larger family, then I say go for it.

I'm glad you got a good one. Me, I didn't. :(

I'm also a fan of a Ruger LCP - I pocket carry a "Custom" Model (Gen 1 with improved sights and trigger).
I added an instant on green Viridian laser, and carry both in summer and when I have to wear a tucked in shirt and no jacket.

As others have stated, very comfortable and easily concealable.

I have yet to have a malfunction.

My wife and I each have a Sig p238. Incredible little shooters, but kinda spendy. Had a keltec p3at. Ugly little thing with a trigger to match. Original lcp has the same trigger, awful. S&W bodyguard.. nice gun, same disgusting trigger. Then I got an LCP2. Excellent fit and finish, excellent trigger, excellent reliability, and still fits in your pocket just fine. At $250 or less(mine was much less), IMHO you won' do any better. The thing is a shooter.:)

I have the Kahr CW 380. Got is used, very lightly used. Still kinda stiff. Had to put another few hundred rounds through it before it loosened up. Not a bad tiny pocket pistol. I like my Sig P238 a little better, softer recoil spring and looks much cooler. :)

Ruger LCP2
-weighs nothing
-can carry in your pocket and it prints like a wallet or cell phone
-decent trigger(huge improvement over original LCP)
-only like $200
-looks cool
Everybody that has a CPL should have an LCP in my humble opinion...
No brainer.

Pro Tip: a couple coats of white, then a couple coats of neon orange fingernail polish on the front sight gives it excellent contrast:s0155:

Where do you find the lcp2 for $200.00. Thanks.

My wife and I each have a Sig p238. Incredible little shooters, but kinda spendy. Had a keltec p3at. Ugly little thing with a trigger to match. Original lcp has the same trigger, awful. S&W bodyguard.. nice gun, same disgusting trigger. Then I got an LCP2. Excellent fit and finish, excellent trigger, excellent reliability, and still fits in your pocket just fine. At $250 or less(mine was much less), IMHO you won' do any better. The thing is a shooter.:)
Where did you buy your lcp 2?

Where did you buy your lcp 2?
I found it a pawnshop. Looked like it might have had 1or2 mags run thru it. I have run at least 10 different brands and styles of ammo thru it without a hint of a problem. And it is really easy to shoot. Lighter and slimmer than my Sig and the trigger is very "Glock like", which is what my primary piece is. Mine was $249 out the door which is where I see most of them start. Of course you Oregonians don't pay tax so you should be able to find one for around $225 I would think.
736676037506 - Ruger LCP II Centerfire Pistols - Blued (Micro) | gun.deals
Maybe a little over $200. My local GS gets them used occasionally for under 2... LCP1s I've seen $150 and lower.
Yeah. The original lcp's are going to be giveaways once the model 2 gets better known.

I need a carry gun for deep cover in my pocket. I just found pricing on the P 380 at $400 which includes several magazines; at least two while the lcp 2 is about $250 for one mag and an addition is about $35 so now the difference is about $100. I'd go with the p 380 in a hear beat but have read some reports, per 2012 of feeding problems with flat nosed fmj bullets, which kahr recommends against any how. With p 380 can you place in your front pocket and still sit down comfortably??? I have several subcompact carries: Springlfield xdm subcompact 40 and the Springfield xds 9; both just great, but can not work for summer carry in my shorts, etc. Thanks.

Well, the factory range ammo I use is wwb-truncated cone. And the Sierras I loaded up are tunicates cone fmj, so I haven't had a problem with that. The Hornady Critical Defense didn't feed because, I believe, of the polymer plug in the nose binding against the top of the chamber above the feed ramp.

I carry it in a Uncle George pocket holster and I have no problems sitting or moving with it. It will look like a wallet or cell phone when printing occurs, but it can't be any different than those already discussed.

Just my experiences.

Kahr P380 and CW380 – Uncle George's Wallet Holsters

I have a feeling Kahr is floundering. It is a private company so does not need to put out financials.

No new pistols that folks actually want.

No promos in gun media.

When was the last time you heard any buzz about them?

I'm concerned they are pulling away from the single stack wonder guns they started with.

Here is a Ruger LCP in a DeSantis Pocket Tuk holster with the thick leather pieces removed.

Gun, holster, and 6 rounds of 90 gr .380 weigh 12.8oz total and it is less than an inch wide.
180826_120042-120110s.JPG

I am wondering if I should go with the Kahr p 380 closeouts even though there had been a historic issue with their ftf? The LAPD swat just went with the SW 380 Bodyguard without laser nor safety. The Ruger lcp II comes with one magazine and is essentially the similar price as the SW BG that comes with 2 magazines. I think the Kahr p 380 comes with 2 mags, maybe a third in 7 rounds vs the 2 at 6 rounds. I think the Kahr p 380 can be had for $380.00. The Ruger lcp II is nice but finish in nicer with the BG. And, I hear the Kahr is a jewel. How would you go and why?

I had a cw 380 by kahr, even during the break in period, I didn't have any issues with feeding or ejecting. Only problem I had was the slide bite. Every time I'd shoot it, I'd have a bloody hand. So I gave it to my gf (transferred it to her with a BGC).

I have also had a smith bodyguard 380, not a fan and I gave that one to my ex gf lol. The Kahr was way better. I also had a cw9 and that had no issues either but of course that was a 9mm. Oh and I had a G42 as well, nice gun also but a little bit on the big side for the caliber but it fit good in my large size hand. I think the cw 380 had the best trigger.

I actually dig the LCP2. I really want one if I find it really cheap. My current "pocket" pistol is a G43.

When it comes to carrying a 380, I use the pow'r ball by corebon. Feeds like a fmj but it's a jhp. Plus since the round has the polymer ball tip, the cavity of the bullet won't clog up.

I have a CT380, around $300.00 in 2016. Been a good little gun, however the recoil spring is a SOB for such a small gun. I do a lot of night work in areas that may not be perfect, so it's in my pocket. For the reason I have it, I would buy it again.

Personally I would skip the Kahr, finicky is a polite term. The Ruger is not a bad choice for a mouse gun. The LCP is small enough that it easily slips into swim trunks while kayaking and cheap enough that if it sinks to the bottom, who cares.

I have the 2nd gen Ruger LCP (with the larger front sight) for several years now. Pocket carry it whenever I am not wearing sufficient clothing to carry IWB and don't want to risk printing or showing inadvertently.

Put a Hogue grip sleeve on it and it became ALMOST a pleasure to shoot. The grip added just enough girth and cushioning to make recoil/snappiness a non-issue. Also eats anything I feed it. I don't shoot the light bullets, only stuff in the 95g range or higher and have never had a problem.

Put Liquid Paper on the front sight, and it is pretty easy to aim. Also light enough that I generally forget I am carrying as the day goes on. Usually only remember when I go to get my car keys which I normally carry in my right pocket and find the gun instead of the keys (which are now in the left pocket). The gun is so light that even when wearing really lightweight fabric shorts that I really don't get noticeable sagging as long as I wear a belt.

For $200 (or less), it is a lightweight, inexpensive, and reliable (in my experience) gun that leaves no excuse to ever leave home without carrying.

The only "issue" for me with pocket carry is having to move my EDC knife to my left front pocket which means the assisted opening feature won't work because the knife is in my pocket "backwards". Obviously, the knife can be in its normal location when I carry IWB.

ACBC9BAE-DBC9-4F83-AB8D-4DA2BAAD1E39.jpeg

Last Edited:
If u want something in between the micro 9mm and micro .380 go with a kahr cm9 they can be had for a little over $300 and extremely small, accurate and reliable. I carry mine in a front pocket holster almost every day

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top