JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If u want something in between the micro 9mm and micro .380 go with a kahr cm9 they can be had for a little over $300 and extremely small, accurate and reliable. I carry mine in a front pocket holster almost every day
I carry a CM 40 in my front pocket every day. It's not much bigger than the CM 9.

Ruger LCP: 9.4oz, 5.16"x3.6"x0.82"
CM40: 15.8oz, 5.47"x4"x0.94"
CM9: 14oz, 5.42"x4"x0.91"

While I would certainly rather have a 9mm or 40 in my pocket, I can't deal with the size or weight. I never think twice about taking the LCP if I need to go "light". YMMV, but for me 14oz or more is too much weight in my pocket. I need to go IWB for that weight. It isn't as much the size as the weight.

I have never shot the LCP II, but its specs are: 10.6oz, 5.17"x3.71"x0.91". Taller, thicker and heavier than the OG. Yeah the slide stays back and the trigger is supposed to be better, but I am pretty happy with my LCP and now that it is nicely broken in with probably 500 rounds or so through it, I probably won't change unless I find a II for screaming deal.

Bigger bullets are always better, but I don't want to be uncomfortable carrying. If I am going pocket carry, its gotta be small and light and if that means 380, so be it. As the saying goes, better to have "a" gun, than no gun because you left the big one at home. And the LCP requires very little consideration based on my clothing choices (again YMMV). As long as I have a pocket, the LCP will be there.

Ruger LCP: 9.4oz, 5.16"x3.6"x0.82"
CM40: 15.8oz, 5.47"x4"x0.94"
CM9: 14oz, 5.42"x4"x0.91"

While I would certainly rather have a 9mm or 40 in my pocket, I can't deal with the size or weight. I never think twice about taking the LCP if I need to go "light". YMMV, but for me 14oz or more is too much weight in my pocket. I need to go IWB for that weight. It isn't as much the size as the weight.

I have never shot the LCP II, but its specs are: 10.6oz, 5.17"x3.71"x0.91". Taller, thicker and heavier than the OG. Yeah the slide stays back and the trigger is supposed to be better, but I am pretty happy with my LCP and now that it is nicely broken in with probably 500 rounds or so through it, I probably won't change unless I find a II for screaming deal.

Bigger bullets are always better, but I don't want to be uncomfortable carrying. If I am going pocket carry, its gotta be small and light and if that means 380, so be it. As the saying goes, better to have "a" gun, than no gun because you left the big one at home. And the LCP requires very little consideration based on my clothing choices (again YMMV). As long as I have a pocket, the LCP will be there.
Really good points. I dislike the weight and bulk. Thanks.

Really good points. I dislike the weight and bulk. Thanks.

As others have said, best thing to do is go to a store that has the guns you are considering. Wear the "flimsiest" clothes you might wear when EDCing and put the guns in your pocket and see how it feels. You can probably eliminate a bunch of guns right there. If you get down to 2-3 viable options based on purely on weight/bulk, then head to a gun range where you can actually shoot the finalists and go from there.

I bit the bullet and purchased the Remington RM 380 at Sportsmans. This is an all metal or alloy gun and almost the smallest but weight is about 12 oz. It is reported to feed just about anything. And, unlike other micro's the recoil is said to be tamer and more horizontal than vertical. Long trigger. I will use this piece when I can not use my other revolvers or pistols. Comes with two magazines and it is price competitive within $25 of the LCP II. The Smith Body guard is another super nice one. I stayed away from the Kahr because of the spotty reliability but would have purchased the Kahr 380in a heart beat if it was reliable. The 9 mm's were getting too heavy for my purpose but I have several now for the hip carry or revolver 357 for the hip.

You can easily carry the cm 40 in your front pants pocket? I am looking for pistol that I can carry in front pants pocket, such as blue jeans. Thanks.
I wear over sized carpenter's pants with big pockets with big fat Galco gun belt. A CM 40 fits & draws fine.

I bit the bullet and purchased the Remington RM 380 at Sportsmans. This is an all metal or alloy gun and almost the smallest but weight is about 12 oz. It is reported to feed just about anything. And, unlike other micro's the recoil is said to be tamer and more horizontal than vertical. Long trigger. I will use this piece when I can not use my other revolvers or pistols. Comes with two magazines and it is price competitive within $25 of the LCP II. The Smith Body guard is another super nice one. I stayed away from the Kahr because of the spotty reliability but would have purchased the Kahr 380in a heart beat if it was reliable. The 9 mm's were getting too heavy for my purpose but I have several now for the hip carry or revolver 357 for the hip.
Not a bad choice at all imo. I handled one the other day and it is definitely small and light. I also was interested in the Kahr. Gun shop guy told me they replaced a spring (not sure which one) on several copies and the screw was plastic and it was screwed into a plastic thread. That sounds a little scary in terms of build quality but I've never shot one myself.

I would suggest ordering an Alabama holster for pocket carry. Your gun pretty much disappears as far as printing. I often carry a sig p938 (standard mag) in an Alabama holster in my front jeans pocket and you can't tell at all what it is. It has a little tab that lets you sort of "pre-release" the gun with your thumb which really helps to get it out in a hurry in something like a jeans pocket. I highly recommend this holster. Tried several before the Alabama one. Takes a long time for delivery though so be patient it will come eventually.

Here is a video I found helpful to show how it "prints".

Last Edited:
I have several .380s, but I have to say that my all time micro favorite is my North American Arms Guardian .380 (My real favorite of all .380s is my Beretta 84FS, but you won't fit it in a pocket). It's all steel, so it's a little brick, but it disappears in your pocket in a Nemesis or other good pocket holster. The sights are so tiny they're really not a help, but it's reliable as can be and completely up to the task of close encounters, which is what any belly gun is really meant for. If you really want to, the NAA Custom Shop will mill the slide and install a choice of several three dot sight options for you. Most of all, the quality in machining and overall build is amazing. It actually feels like a much bigger gun than it is and you don't have to wonder if you remembered to bring it with you. The attached picture shows the available wood grips on it. They look great, but I actually prefer the thinner rubberized grips it comes with from the factory. For pictures, though, the wood grips really dress the little pistol up.

CAC8D5B6-E707-4597-907A-5CC271764372.jpeg

I did shoot this Remington RM 380 this past weekend. As stated it shoots to point of aim and my target was 10 feet. It does have a long trigger pull as reported and when pulling on the trigger, like all double actions; the hammer cocks back and for what ever reason, assists with sight alignment. Sure seems good enough for the purpose of deep concealment, especially during the summer when I wear shorts. The weight seems hardly noticeable.

The Kahr P45 is only slightly larger, (well, actually considerably slightly larger) than the Kahr .380 but it delivers about twice the hitting power. The Kahr P45 has a 4" barrel, and is chambered in .45 acp. Six, (6) rd SS factory mags work great. My Kahr P45 runs 100% using the snappy Corbon Powerball ammo. Recoil is described as quite brisk. Report and flash considerable. Accuracy is adequate. Just another choice.

I did shoot this Remington RM 380 this past weekend. As stated it shoots to point of aim and my target was 10 feet. It does have a long trigger pull as reported and when pulling on the trigger, like all double actions; the hammer cocks back and for what ever reason, assists with sight alignment. Sure seems good enough for the purpose of deep concealment, especially during the summer when I wear shorts. The weight seems hardly noticeable.

Cool! The trigger felt good to me for a DA pistol FWIW (dry fire only), not mushy or vague. Does anyone know exactly what changes Remington made from the Rohrbaugh 380? I mean as I understand it this is the same gun (or improved?) and the Rohrbaugh sold for like $1100ish. I've heard folks who have the Rohrbaugh really like it.

I am not sure but I think they took the Rohrbaugh 9 mm and modified for 380. I can not imagine shooting 9 mm in this piece but I could be surprised. Very simple design. I shot ball ammo and now will pick up some jhp.

I picked this 380 as a pocket pistol within intended, but hopeful never use at 10 feet or less. I have several 9mm or 38/357 combos when my clothing can conceal the larger frame guns. This is for the summer.

Cool! The trigger felt good to me for a DA pistol FWIW (dry fire only), not mushy or vague. Does anyone know exactly what changes Remington made from the Rohrbaugh 380? I mean as I understand it this is the same gun (or improved?) and the Rohrbaugh sold for like $1100ish. I've heard folks who have the Rohrbaugh really like it.
I had an RM380 and it was flawless, but sold it when I got my NAA Guardian .380. Possibly the most important) difference between the RM380 and the Rohrbaugh, as I understand it, was a redesign to remedy the need for the frequent spring changes that the Rohrbaugh required. Other changes were moving from a heel-mounted mag release to a normal mag release button by the trigger guard, along with the addition of a slide stop so the slide locks back after the last round (as I recall, can't remember about the slide locking back).

All in all it would have been a real winner for Remington if they hadn't suffered from the R51 disaster and the effect it had on consumer confidence. It's a shame. I have an original Remington UMC Model 51 .380 made in 1920 that looks like it just came out of the factory and is simply an amazing shooter. But all of those were handmade and hand fitted before they were released, probably with 100 percent quality control, whereas the R51 was CNC machined and didn't work due to the stacked tolerances exceeding the fine fit that the complex Pedersen action required to function reliably and quality control that was only performed on a sample of the guns leaving the factory. More proof that sometimes older really is better.

Thanks much for the info on the differences with the Rohrbaugh. Very interesting on the original model 51. I didn't know that one existed. John Pederson was sure an innovator. I saw a neat video the other day about the Pederson device.

I have a lot of pocket 380's including a CW-380 and a RM-380. I am not a RM fan and would stake my life on the CW. First the RM it is the easiest to rack of any pocket 380's that I own. I have heard that the Shield 380EZ and the Ruger LC-380 are easy to rack also, but I do not know first hand. The RM shoots anything I put in it, the sights work but I don't like them. It is accurate if you can keep the sights on target for that long trigger pull. the pull is quite long, but smooth. Metal gun, well built, I trust it, but don't like the trigger.
My CW-380 likes Underwood XTP's I like regular strength, but it shoots +P's too, also Hornady XTP's. Each Kahr is different, mine hates Fiocchi FMJ, it won't shoot everything. I carry what it likes. Mine has usable sights and is consistently accurate.
My main squeeze is a LCP II, but if I need smaller then the CW is my go to.
Of the ten 380 pocket pistols the CW is the smallest, a G-42 the largest that can fit in my pocket. I can carry a XDS, LC9s, or a G-26/27/33 completely concealed also for what it's worth.
Pocket carry does not make for a fast draw, but you will have a gun...eventually.
Yes I often pocket carry only.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads