1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have any issues here in Vancouver with a blade a bit over 3"?

Discussion in 'Knives & Other Discussion' started by centerfire, Jan 26, 2011.

1. centerfire

centerfire Vancouver Member

I am looking for both an EDC folder and one or two to add to a BOB.
    I checked local requirements legally and anything over 3" here in Vancouver (city of anyway) is considered a "dangerous weapon".
    I see a few that I am interested in which are just a bit bigger than 3 inches.
    For instance:
    Kershaw Skyline 3 1/8"
    Spyderco Tenacious 3 3/8"
    Spyderco Manix2 3 3/8"

Has anyone had any bad experiences with cops and your blade being larger than considered "legal"?
    Definitely dont want to violate the law but if there is some leniency with blade length
    then Ill get one or two slightly larger than ordinances allow.
  2. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

If you are a dumb a$$ they may ask to see it.But otherwise everyone carries a folder.They would spend all day just checking knives.

My kid lives in SoCal and the cops down there measure it across their palms.If it sticks out past,it's too long. Most of the time they put the point at one side and call it good.
  3. I've never had a problem with carrying large folders. I've carried my butterfly too.
  4. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I've been carrying pocket knives or folders since I was in high school (graduated in '65). Have NEVER had a problem or even been checked. I think everything I have ever carried is over 3"!!

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    Washington Arms Collector member
    Arms Collectors of South West Washington member