JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got myself a new kimber 1911 in 9mm and bought some new sights for it. I was able to remove the rear sight using a sight pusher tool, but then realized it didn't work for the removal of the front sight!

Anyone have the front sight removal tool (dovetail) that I can use? Or have a DIY tip for doing this without damage? I am willing to compensate and come to you/ meet you somewhere.

I live in Beaverton right off 26w and Murray rd. also a member at TCGC.

Thanks guys!

Use a piece of delrin or some other type of coated punch.. A square block of plastic that will fit square up against the front blade.. Just give it a tap to the right ( towards the ejection side) may pop it loose..

A good piece of hardwood will also work..

Kimber sight are notorious for being very tight! I have sight pusher that I could loan if you want to pay shipping to and from (I'm in So. Oregon) looks like this but Cerakote black...
IMG_0150.jpg

If you ever get your big old Trinitron looked at by a genuine TV repairman, don't ever go to the guy I went to. Right off the bat he'd slap dab that behemoth face down on a horse blanket laden with gravel and squirm it about for about twenty minutes. never could figure it out

There's an excellent gunsmith in Salem. His name is Kevin (503) 930-5160. I just bought two sets of sights for two of my Kimbers and he charged me $50 to put them on while I waited.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews