JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got myself a new kimber 1911 in 9mm and bought some new sights for it. I was able to remove the rear sight using a sight pusher tool, but then realized it didn't work for the removal of the front sight!

Anyone have the front sight removal tool (dovetail) that I can use? Or have a DIY tip for doing this without damage? I am willing to compensate and come to you/ meet you somewhere.

I live in Beaverton right off 26w and Murray rd. also a member at TCGC.

Thanks guys!

Use a piece of delrin or some other type of coated punch.. A square block of plastic that will fit square up against the front blade.. Just give it a tap to the right ( towards the ejection side) may pop it loose..

A good piece of hardwood will also work..

Kimber sight are notorious for being very tight! I have sight pusher that I could loan if you want to pay shipping to and from (I'm in So. Oregon) looks like this but Cerakote black...
IMG_0150.jpg

If you ever get your big old Trinitron looked at by a genuine TV repairman, don't ever go to the guy I went to. Right off the bat he'd slap dab that behemoth face down on a horse blanket laden with gravel and squirm it about for about twenty minutes. never could figure it out

There's an excellent gunsmith in Salem. His name is Kevin (503) 930-5160. I just bought two sets of sights for two of my Kimbers and he charged me $50 to put them on while I waited.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top