JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a pain in the neck. I've carried a snubnose .38 and my Taurus PT-22 in an ankle holster, and it's okay for a little while, then the calf strap starts chafing my leg. They're also tricky to draw from, because usually your pants leg will catch on the holster and hang up when you're trying to clear it.

Tried it a couple times, went right back to IWB belt holsters.

I do carry it everyday at my gf shop. My gf works in a beauty salon so all of us have to dress up daily. I carry rossi ankle holster just to be completely concealed. At fist it kind of irritating, but for while I get use to it and sometime I forget it was there.

I'm actually glad you asked glockguy, I've been wondering about it. I was thinking about one in the belt and one on my ankle. A Ruger LCR on the ankle or something. So far results are split down the middle. I'll keep an eye on the thread. I'd like to add if I may: if you ankle carry what holster do you use and why?

Sorry man, not being all that familiar with holster makers I thought you were carrying a Rossi revolver. Mea culpa!

Thanks for the link Benny, I'm actually thinking about an LCP to put in one.

Very bad idea for a primary. Just imagine facing a gun or knife and you have to kneel to retrieve your weapon

I would only carry a 3rd BUG this way, and in fact I do not own an ankle holster to this day and I am 49. Bellyband/Thunderwear or pocket carry is way better

No way I'd carry a primary on my ankle. Neither would I carry a .38 spcl as a primary. IWB .45 or as you noted a belly band or pocket holster. All three (at the same time) would work for me.

If I'm having an extremely bad day I want as many options as I can get.

it's a last ditch scenario type of thing - you're beaten to your knees and required to beg for your life.......but don't.

You go for your Keltec and bleed him out through his balls and femoral artery. Surprise!

I wear it daily at my gf shop. I get use to it, just like any handgun holster. First you put it on, it will never get comfortable. Wear it for awhile or all the time then you get use to it. Sometime I forget that I have it on my ankle till I remove my pants and get caught on it.

For those that think it will caught up in your pant then it's in possible unless you forget to pull your roll down your pant when you putting on the ankle holster :)

it's a last ditch scenario type of thing - you're beaten to your knees and required to beg for your life.......but don't.

You go for your Keltec and bleed him out through his balls and femoral artery. Surprise!

Made me a little queasy just thinking about that. :s0058:

Not a good way to go.......

Made me a little queasy just thinking about that. :s0058:

Not a good way to go.......

Agreed, Hill's description does provoke some visuals that make me a little twitchy!

I can't help but think of the onion field. I remember reading the account of what happened when I was a kid and it sure seems like a good idea to have as many options available as possible.

While I don’t expect to ever be kidnapped (as was the case in the onion field - if you're not familiar with the story just google it I'm sure there'll be a ton of entries) it’s nice to know that you’ve got the second (or third) SHTF gun to fall back on if you absolutely have to. After all, that’s the point to carrying in the first place right? You know: just in case. Along with several other items I always carry a good quality knife and have some way to make fire. Again, just in case.

What Hill said did remind me of an auto signature I read recently though: I came into the world screaming and covered in someone else’s blood, I won't mind leaving it the same way.

I actually thought that was pretty funny. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top