JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FNP Usg 45 year round switching from high ride belt to shoulder for jacket wear, no spare mags 16 rounds is enough for me.

Not as many people are looking as you might think, don't be so self concious.

Sometimes carry Glock 17 in a simple (and cheap) Pro-Tech inside the pants holster carried at the small of my back. Honestly it carries as well as my Kahr CW9 and covers up well with just a t-shirt. Good strong belt (also nothing fancy) is a must.

Thanks for the answer. I'm not trying to be condescending. I'm honestly trying to find out what people's situations are that make winter carry easier. in my case I can't carry at work either but it is also generally inappropriate to wear shorts to my work so my dress doesn't change much year round. Personally I take my coat off as soon as I get where I am going so I wanted to know how other people do things.

Sorry if this is badly written, I'm trying to respond from my phone.

No worries. That's why I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I understand meanings over the web aren't always clear. I've been on the other end of the conversation where I was misunderstood. So yeah, all is good.

I usually carry a S&W 686+ or Ruger KP345. I used to carry a 1911 and have no problem carrying one again, but I have found these 2 pistols to be better suited for me to carry. For "light" carry I have a Beretta 84 or a Ruger LCP. The LCP fits in any front pocket I own and weighs about as much as my keys.

I always carry at least 3 reloads for the main gun and at least 2 for the BUG

Wow! Now that's packin'.

A Glock 29 year around IWB with a Kahr PM9 BUG when I can. If I'm in a situation where I can't conceal the G29 I put the PM9 on. If I'm in a situation were I can't hide either of those, I go down to a NAA 22 mag. revolver in my sock or front pocket of my shorts.

Just picked up a P228 that I'm starting to carry. Plan on carrying it year round as I can still easily conceal it in jeans and a t-shirt which is what I wear year 99.9% of the time.

M&P 45c in a crossbreed supertuck and a full size spare mag year round

vJJ4R.jpg

I've always been confused by this so maybe someone could explain for me. The theory is that in the winter it is colder so you wear more clothes and can carry larger guns, maybe even a shoulder holster. Is that only for people who work outside? Or do people only carry outside? Because everywhere I've been people still keep their houses and businesses at a nice warm temperature so the majority of the time I'm inside a building and not wearing heavy winter clothes.

I'm just wondering if I am more sensitive to heat and so other people just wear coats inside in the winter or are they just talking about carrying larger guns when they are running errands and won't be anywhere long enough to heat up and layer down? How does winter allow someone to carry a larger gun when it is still 68* inside every building and that's where I spend the majority of my time?

Not sure about you, but I usually keep my jacket on unless I'm at work or home. When I'm out to eat, at a movie theater, etc, I unzip, but I keep the jacket on. This seems fairly common.

Wow! Now that's packin'.

A Glock 29 year around IWB with a Kahr PM9 BUG when I can. If I'm in a situation where I can't conceal the G29 I put the PM9 on. If I'm in a situation were I can't hide either of those, I go down to a NAA 22 mag. revolver in my sock or front pocket of my shorts.

I come from gang enfested environs and simply feel nekked without at least that much.. usually there will be a 5.56 carbine in the trunk or lockbox, as well. If somebodies want real trouble I wouldn't want them the go away disappointed

Not sure about you, but I usually keep my jacket on unless I'm at work or home. When I'm out to eat, at a movie theater, etc, I unzip, but I keep the jacket on. This seems fairly common.

I get hot pretty easy. I will often take my coat off as soon as I get where I'm going and leave it in my car while I walk in. That's why I'm curious how other people are doing things. Obviously with my clothing/decisions winter doesn't make a difference for carry but many people say it does change their options.

Carry my PPQ in a IWB kydex holster and a pancake leather OWB all year around. When at work my Sig P238 is my nighttime buddy. No my employer does not approve of firearm carry. But I work 2/3 of my job by myself at night. Better to pay the fine than the funeral. I find ways to keep myself armed most of the time. Just a habit I started 24 years ago. Never had to use it yet and hope I never will.

I carry a G17 daily in a tuckable IWB kydex rig. I used to carry at the 4 o'clock position on my hip, but in the last few months I've taken to carrying at about 2 o'clock - so that when I bend down to pick something up, the gun doesn't get exposed. I made my own holster, and it's got just enough cant to keep that long muzzle from poking me when sitting or bending. I have in the past carried a G19, but I traded the 19 off for a 17 because I shoot 17's a bit better than the 19's.

It helps that I'm 6'4 and 285lbs I guess - but I still carried full size guns when I was thinner. You do have to dress around the gun a bit, and find a holster that works right. I have carried Glock 21's and a Para Ord 14-45 before without issue before. I'd carry a G21 now, if .45 wasn't so damn expensive to shoot.