JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am cancelling this request as my wife doesn't want anyone coming to our home even though people have come over when buying and selling here. I will take care of the problem in the morning as I can get help from the Liberty dealer down in Hubbard. This guy has been excellent to work with. Major bummer not being able to open your safe!

I bought mine in June of 1999 at Northwest Armory and have never had any issue at all. Unfortunately Northwest Armory is no longer a dealer for Liberty Safes so they can't help me.

I never had a problem until today. I'm in and out of there regularly. The guy at Liberty though said I'm not the only one who's had their dial lock itself so knock on wood.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your safe.

I don't own one, but have read more than a few bad reviews and decided that they are on my "do not buy" list. I am not surprised when other people tell me that they avoid Liberty Safes as well. It seems like they have developed a reputation among those that have compared "safes" (lockers really) from different manufacturers. You can run a Google search and decide for yourself.

Is this the same problem you are having?

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=406501

This problem is not limited to Liberty safes,other brands have this issue also,but it appears not on the same scale that we hear from owners of the Liberty brand.
On another forum i frequent,a liberty owner just went through the same thing recently,it took having a locksmith come out to get it opened.
IIRC Liberty did have the 'smith do the service call at their expense,so at least they do stand behind their product.
From what i have been told and read,one of the causes of this relates to folks spinning the dial very quickly and constantly.
I am guilty of this myself,everytime i close the safe,i spin the combo to clear it,need to stop myself of this bad habit .

The issue I have is the dial will not spin. It some how locked itself. Tech support says it's rare but it's happened before. My safe has been used heavily. I'm sure it's opened and closed far more than most people's safes.The problem should not have happened anyway.

The customer service from Liberty and the local dealer has been excellent. It is a zero cost problem that will require only a few seconds to fix once I get what I need. It's not the safe itself but the S-G lock. The safe is well built and designed. I'm a maintenance mechanic. The safe has a Lifetime Warranty so they must have some faith in them. They will pay to have a lock smith come out and repair it if necessary. Paying a lock smith to come to your home will cost at least 100 dollars so I don't think Liberty wants to have too many warranty issues.

Here is a thread on safes with 2 different Safe dealers in this link helping people understand safes:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=491276&page=2

One dealerShas been in business for 30 years. The other I don't know. Both of them wonder why this one guy, who talks like he knows it all, is so down on Liberty Safes. Neither of these dealers sell Liberty Safes. One dealer stated regarding Liberty Safes because mr know it all said they rust: "The only rust issues I have seen with the Liberties is the bottom of the safe that is not painted. Of course this is pretty common, as a number of manufacturers do not paint the bottom.
As far as the warranty service, I have found that to be outstanding. I do a lot of their warranty work in the St. Louis metro area, and have found that they go above and beyond to make their customers happy. This includes taking care of major issues that are out of warranty."

The thread is a good read because these dealers DO know what they are talking about. I can tell I've sure read a bunch of garbage in the various safe threads I've read.

Here is a thread on safes with 2 different Safe dealers in this link helping people understand safes:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=491276&page=2

Thanks for posting that link. It is the Very Best safe thread I have ever read (and it is still going). There really is a lot bad information on the Net about gun safes. The one Safe guy has been posting on THR for quite a while. It was great to listen to two informed guys discussing the issues.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews