JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess I will be the guinea pig. Hopefully it works well and PSA doesn't rip off my account later on. I think once the transaction clears I will cancel the card I used and order a new one.

As for the frame, I have read of some complaints regarding the trigger pin walking out. Hard to beat a complete frame with lpk installed for $100.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-dagger-compact-complete-polymer-frame-black2.html

Tempting. What do you mean about the card?
A lot of Palmetto State Armory customers have claimed that their credit cards were used elsewhere after using the cards for a purchase at PSA.

I used a debit card that I reserve for online purchases and only transfer money to the account when I am going to make a purchase. The transaction is currently pending and once it goes through I will get a replacement card from my bank. If you have the option of getting a temporary card number from your credit card provider that would work too.

Never had such occur, purchased a "bunch" thru them, pre-plandemic.

Nothing amidst the plandemic.

Is this seemingly a newish development?
It was a commonly discussed problem on the gundeals subreddit for years now. If you google it you will find a lot of discussions with people making the claims. I have only had one incident where somebody used my credit card info to make purchases in another State and I couldn't say where my info was picked up.

A more practical way of ensuring privacy is using privacy.com. They provide burner debit cards that you can instantly make and cancel, you can set daily/weekly/monthly/etc spending limits. I'm not affiliated with them, I just love their service for more sketchy transactions, they also allow you to chose what it says on your bank statement, whether you want the actual vendor or some generic hardware store if that matters for you.

Article by PCWorld:

I took home my Dagger frame today and everything is fine except the trigger is atrocious. Probably the worst trigger I have ever felt. I am not a trigger snob either. It has fairly long "gritty" pull to wall, the break is so so. When I racked the slide with trigger pulled to check reset, the trigger stay back in the pulled position when I slowly let go of it. If I rack slide without my finger resting on it, it resets fine. I have more than one M&P and the hinge trigger doesn't bother me but this trigger is awful. I will have to do some more research and see if this is common and if so what others have done to remedy it.

I took home my Dagger frame today and everything is fine except the trigger is atrocious. Probably the worst trigger I have ever felt. I am not a trigger snob either. It has fairly long "gritty" pull to wall, the break is so so. When I racked the slide with trigger pulled to check reset, the trigger stay back in the pulled position when I slowly let go of it. If I rack slide without my finger resting on it, it resets fine. I have more than one M&P and the hinge trigger doesn't bother me but this trigger is awful. I will have to do some more research and see if this is common and if so what others have done to remedy it.
Mine felt bad by itself when I first got it, but once everything was assembled, oiled and shot it seemed fine. Grain of salt because I'm not an expert, and your mileage may vary.

Mine felt bad by itself when I first got it, but once everything was assembled, oiled and shot it seemed fine. Grain of salt because I'm not an expert, and your mileage may vary.
I will oil it and play around with it to see if it gets any better. I noticed the sides of the trigger have texture on them, not sure if that hurts or or helps.

I oiled the crumbs out of it in all trigger points I could get too without pulling trigger assy out of frame. I worked the trigger a bunch and it will reset with my finger slowly letting out the trigger now. It generally feels better too. It's that last little bit before it breaks that still feels rough. At this point I am feeling a lot better about the purchase and think it will likely break in at some point.

I put 15 rounds through my Dagger frame with Alpha Shooting Sports complete slide assy. It was a disaster and since both assemblies were new and never used, I am not sure which part(s) to blame although I am leaning towards blaming the bubblegum Slide assy.

I used an ETS 17rnd magazine which has functioned very well in my G22 with Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel. The 15 rounds used were 115gr Remington UMC FMJ factory ammo.

The Dagger/bubblegum combo was giving me light strikes and was not feeding well. Out of 15 rounds I was never able to get more than two rounds to load consecutively and could not get the second round to fire. On the rounds that did not fire on first try, I loaded them again by manually putting them in the chamber with the mag dropped and they fired second time around.

bubblegum claims that their slide assy need a break in period but this seems like a more serious problem. Any ideas on what to look for and how to diagnose the problem component(s).

I put 15 rounds through my Dagger frame with Alpha Shooting Sports complete slide assy. It was a disaster and since both assemblies were new and never used, I am not sure which part(s) to blame although I am leaning towards blaming the bubblegum Slide assy.

I used an ETS 17rnd magazine which has functioned very well in my G22 with Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel. The 15 rounds used were 115gr Remington UMC FMJ factory ammo.

The Dagger/bubblegum combo was giving me light strikes and was not feeding well. Out of 15 rounds I was never able to get more than two rounds to load consecutively and could not get the second round to fire. On the rounds that did not fire on first try, I loaded them again by manually putting them in the chamber with the mag dropped and they fired second time around.

bubblegum claims that their slide assy need a break in period but this seems like a more serious problem. Any ideas on what to look for and how to diagnose the problem component(s).
I only recovered 9 of the 15 cases and I will post a pic of them tonight. I found some info in another forum disussion that mentioned off centered light strikes caused when slide is out of battery.

Edit: The four cases in the bottom row definitely had an off center strike, likely on first firing. That leads me to believe the slide was not going into battery.

20211102_130501.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews