JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I see these a lot for cheap (I mean guns not the ammo) and was curious if anyone has shot one. My understanding is they r rimfire and shoot either #6, 8, 10 shot. But that is only based on the different rounds I've seen for sale, not sure if all r rimfire or not? The fiocci rounds are only 600 FPS. Kind of a low key, low sound pesting round?

Last Edited:
I, vaguely, recall handling a "garden gun" in 9㎜ Flobert along time ago. I used to use a .410-bore with 2½" shells for that rôle in times past.

Interesting tangent; Marlin once produced a model called the 25MG. It was a .22 WMR smooth-bore for use with CCI shotshells. The intended purpose was low recoil/noise/destruction scattergunning like the aforementioned. It didn't sell well and was yanked from production.

I, vaguely, recall handling a "garden gun" in 9㎜ Flobert along time ago. I used to use a .410-bore with 2½" shells for that rôle in times past.

Interesting tangent; Marlin once produced a model called the 25MG. It was a .22 WMR smooth-bore for use with CCI shotshells. The intended purpose was low recoil/noise/destruction scattergunning like the aforementioned. It didn't sell well and was yanked from production.
Yea garden gun is what I have heard them called a lot. Probably just too obsolete now with airguns being what they r. Just a curiosity gun cuz they r so cheap.

1616800399826.jpeg
New one for me.

I have some CCI shot cartridges that I've been wanting to test through the bolt action 9mm however.

Henry is making a smoothbore .22LR lever action for the CCI .22 shotshells now.

Henry has a smooth bore 22 "garden gun"
If I lived somewhere where discharging firearms wasn't illegal, man I'd love one of these. I'd set off a wasp trap off of the patio or similar and just have a field day.

If I lived somewhere where discharging firearms wasn't illegal, man I'd love one of these. I'd set off a wasp trap off of the patio or similar and just have a field day.

That is the most narrow minded firearm offering I've seen in quite a while. .22lr shotshells are all but a joke unless literally on top of the critter. Good for snakes and mice up close and personal. Like arms length personal. That's why I don't understand this offering. A rimfire rifle with sights and no rifling in it's 18.5" barrel. That part is kind of amusing, it has to be 18.5" because it's technically a shotgun. And without rifling, it's useless for anything but wimpy little shotshells.

It's basically a heavy clumsy alternative to a .22lr revolver. And offers absolutely NOTHING more than a few extra shots.......with .22lr shotshells does that even matter? Interesting though, I'll give it that. If I was in the market again to be dispatching snakes and mice, I'd use shotshells in my .357 GP100. :cool:

Last Edited:
I wanna hear more about this bolt action 9mm

Search my threads.

That is the most narrow minded firearm offering I've seen in quite a while. .22lr shotshells are all but a joke unless literally on top of the critter. Good for snakes and mice up close and personal. Like arms length personal. That's why I don't understand this offering. A rimfire rifle with sights and no rifling in it's 18.5" barrel. That part is kind of amusing, it has to be 18.5" because it's technically a shotgun. And without rifling, it's useless for anything but wimpy little shotshells.

It's basically a heavy clumsy alternative to a .22lr revolver. And offers absolutely NOTHING more than a few extra shots.......with .22lr shotshells does that even matter? Interesting though, I'll give it that. If I was in the market again to be dispatching snakes and mice, I'd use shotshells in my .357 GP100. :cool:
Hmmm a 22 revolver.... Maybe shot shells out of this long barreled one? Of course you could put the 22 mag cylinder in it and shoot 22 mag shot shells. I would be up for trying that but honestly every time I've shot those 22lr shot shells I had to ask myself "did it even do anything"? So I don't really have any hope in the 22 mag shot shells though I've never shot one. 348F50B7-6368-4FB5-9989-410206A0A413.jpeg
65CEFFC5-D2DF-4A96-9FE9-0748B83E5262.jpeg

cci makes 22, 38spl, 45colt in snake loads. they used to make a 45 auto shot load in a full brass cartridge, which worked great in my p-90. 9, nothing i know of.
if you reload however, speer makes shot capsules in 38, 44 and 45.
just another reason a smokewagon is a good thing to have around.

What about shooting 22lr slugs out of it:)

Winchester 36 is a 9mm bolt action shotgun. Haven't seen one for sale in a while, but not cheap!

Someone made a shotgun shooting set maybe 40 years ago. Thrower , and the targets were
plastic that popped apart when hit and were reusable. Pretty sure it used 9mm shotguns.
They may have been C02 powered?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top