JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I see these a lot for cheap (I mean guns not the ammo) and was curious if anyone has shot one. My understanding is they r rimfire and shoot either #6, 8, 10 shot. But that is only based on the different rounds I've seen for sale, not sure if all r rimfire or not? The fiocci rounds are only 600 FPS. Kind of a low key, low sound pesting round?

Last Edited:
I, vaguely, recall handling a "garden gun" in 9㎜ Flobert along time ago. I used to use a .410-bore with 2½" shells for that rôle in times past.

Interesting tangent; Marlin once produced a model called the 25MG. It was a .22 WMR smooth-bore for use with CCI shotshells. The intended purpose was low recoil/noise/destruction scattergunning like the aforementioned. It didn't sell well and was yanked from production.

I, vaguely, recall handling a "garden gun" in 9㎜ Flobert along time ago. I used to use a .410-bore with 2½" shells for that rôle in times past.

Interesting tangent; Marlin once produced a model called the 25MG. It was a .22 WMR smooth-bore for use with CCI shotshells. The intended purpose was low recoil/noise/destruction scattergunning like the aforementioned. It didn't sell well and was yanked from production.
Yea garden gun is what I have heard them called a lot. Probably just too obsolete now with airguns being what they r. Just a curiosity gun cuz they r so cheap.

1616800399826.jpeg
New one for me.

I have some CCI shot cartridges that I've been wanting to test through the bolt action 9mm however.

Henry is making a smoothbore .22LR lever action for the CCI .22 shotshells now.

Henry has a smooth bore 22 "garden gun"
If I lived somewhere where discharging firearms wasn't illegal, man I'd love one of these. I'd set off a wasp trap off of the patio or similar and just have a field day.

If I lived somewhere where discharging firearms wasn't illegal, man I'd love one of these. I'd set off a wasp trap off of the patio or similar and just have a field day.

That is the most narrow minded firearm offering I've seen in quite a while. .22lr shotshells are all but a joke unless literally on top of the critter. Good for snakes and mice up close and personal. Like arms length personal. That's why I don't understand this offering. A rimfire rifle with sights and no rifling in it's 18.5" barrel. That part is kind of amusing, it has to be 18.5" because it's technically a shotgun. And without rifling, it's useless for anything but wimpy little shotshells.

It's basically a heavy clumsy alternative to a .22lr revolver. And offers absolutely NOTHING more than a few extra shots.......with .22lr shotshells does that even matter? Interesting though, I'll give it that. If I was in the market again to be dispatching snakes and mice, I'd use shotshells in my .357 GP100. :cool:

Last Edited:
I wanna hear more about this bolt action 9mm

Search my threads.

That is the most narrow minded firearm offering I've seen in quite a while. .22lr shotshells are all but a joke unless literally on top of the critter. Good for snakes and mice up close and personal. Like arms length personal. That's why I don't understand this offering. A rimfire rifle with sights and no rifling in it's 18.5" barrel. That part is kind of amusing, it has to be 18.5" because it's technically a shotgun. And without rifling, it's useless for anything but wimpy little shotshells.

It's basically a heavy clumsy alternative to a .22lr revolver. And offers absolutely NOTHING more than a few extra shots.......with .22lr shotshells does that even matter? Interesting though, I'll give it that. If I was in the market again to be dispatching snakes and mice, I'd use shotshells in my .357 GP100. :cool:
Hmmm a 22 revolver.... Maybe shot shells out of this long barreled one? Of course you could put the 22 mag cylinder in it and shoot 22 mag shot shells. I would be up for trying that but honestly every time I've shot those 22lr shot shells I had to ask myself "did it even do anything"? So I don't really have any hope in the 22 mag shot shells though I've never shot one. 348F50B7-6368-4FB5-9989-410206A0A413.jpeg
65CEFFC5-D2DF-4A96-9FE9-0748B83E5262.jpeg

cci makes 22, 38spl, 45colt in snake loads. they used to make a 45 auto shot load in a full brass cartridge, which worked great in my p-90. 9, nothing i know of.
if you reload however, speer makes shot capsules in 38, 44 and 45.
just another reason a smokewagon is a good thing to have around.

What about shooting 22lr slugs out of it:)

Winchester 36 is a 9mm bolt action shotgun. Haven't seen one for sale in a while, but not cheap!

Someone made a shotgun shooting set maybe 40 years ago. Thrower , and the targets were
plastic that popped apart when hit and were reusable. Pretty sure it used 9mm shotguns.
They may have been C02 powered?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews