JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody know of a simple way to be able to add a winch to front and back of a pickup for temporary use?

I was thinking if I added a front reciever then I could put winch in a carrier/plate/holder (or whatever it's called) and be able to put winch on either the front or back reciever. Just thinking it would be handy if ever needed. Not interested in replacing bumper, or adding for the purpose of "off roading" appearance, or anything of that nature. Use would be once in a blue moon or possibly never. Think of it more like a temporary use when needed on the farm type of thing rather than off roading in the woods.

Thanks for any ideas or thoughts. Don't know jack about winches, the only ones I've used were already mounted on Jeeps or pickups I had in the past. My Tundra has a rear receiver but no front reciever, just the standard bumper. Thx!

you are gonna need a wiring kit and need to fuse it, so you dont catch anything on fire. run a front and a back plug. route the rear wiring away from any heat source, rub points and keep it tucked up away, so it doesn't scrape the ground/rocks, when yer wheeling

I think someone makes a front hitch for the tundra

get a cradle and winch, run synthetic winch cable, unless you are Hulk strong. (a cradle, winch and wire cable can weigh upwards of 150 lbs. depending on what set up you get ) a synthetic cable should save some weight.

you are gonna need a wiring kit and need to fuse it, so you dont catch anything on fire. run a front and a back plug. route the rear wiring away from any heat source, rub points and keep it tucked up away, so it doesn't scrape the ground/rocks, when yer wheeling

I think someone makes a front hitch for the tundra

get a cradle and winch, run synthetic winch cable, unless you are Hulk strong. (a cradle, winch and wire cable can weigh upwards of 150 lbs. depending on what set up you get ) a synthetic cable should save some weight.
Great info thx! Keeping the weight down makes sense. I'll have to see what options are out there for winches and cradles.

Looking at the cables kit, I have an extra battery mounted in the bed already. Maybe I could just use that with jumper cables for the rear? I realize the length of time the winch could run would be limited though. Again don't know much about it, just guessing.

Keep one thing in mind when using " Receiver type" winch mounts.....

Receiver type hitches are rated for 5K...not saying they don't work, saying they have "Limitations".

uiSblock.jpeg
"A snatch block should accompany a good winch..."
~MTpockets

Get one or two. Doesn't need to be like the over designed one in the picture.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top