JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
been trying to bag a cougar by setting up and calling had lots of cotys come in but have been passing on them i want a cat. any suggestion i know there is a cat in the area have seen it at night but no luck during shooting light is calling the way to go I'm in Oregon so dogs are out of the question any help would be greatly appreciated

been trying to bag a cougar by setting up and calling had lots of cotys come in but have been passing on them i want a cat. any suggestion i know there is a cat in the area have seen it at night but no luck during shooting light is calling the way to go I'm in Oregon so dogs are out of the question any help would be greatly appreciated

Try yelling "Here Kitty Kitty", this has worked for me a few times and a big bag of Friskies treats keeps them under control while taking aim...

I would try a little bait maybe a chicken or ? Cats are smart and need something to temp them out of hiding. Now as for cougers I would just yell "ladies night free drinks" they'll come runnin........

You guys are a great help LOL

Go to <broken link removed>

Steve goes to the Game Farm up here and listens to the kitties...and then goes to the woods and kills them

He makes some calls and some recordings for e calls,but has a lot of info on his site.He answers questions on some of the predator hunting forums too.

You guys are a great help LOL

Go to <broken link removed>

Steve goes to the Game Farm up here and listens to the kitties...and then goes to the woods and kills them

He makes some calls and some recordings for e calls,but has a lot of info on his site.He answers questions on some of the predator hunting forums too.

thank you very much did the google thing but did not run across this site ill give him a call
he makes some beautiful calls

and i fugured id get some of that other stuff but like a good laugh

I want chicken, I want liver.. Meow Mix please deliver..

austin2e.jpg

Cougars are not hard to call in. It just takes a little longer and you have to make sure one is near by. Send me a PM and I will be happy to explain my methods, which involve a fox pro game call and a trail cam.

I've heard about soaking your clothes in blood, bloody steaks, all sort of bating tricks. Distress calls should work great. There aren't as many out there as yotes and they are much more weary than dogs. But they can't resist movement... If you have a rabbit distress call and electric rabbit decoy you might do well. There is a lot of info out there. I've never called one in successfully but I'm guessing I've never got close enough to call one in either.

I feel like the rabbit decoy and distress call would be best though. Putting the electric rabbit decoy in a field or meadow thats fairly open, get yourself a nice 75-100yd shot lined up and start calling. The most honest hunters will admit they bagged their cougar while deer hunting and had a cougar tag to fill. I've stumbled across a few and I've heard so many other stories of people stumbling across them so maybe walking around in the woods would be a good route too. In the snow you could obviously track them pretty easy. I've seen lots of track in Sheridan where I do my walking around

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top