JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reminds me.... because the walls in my 140 year old house has this heavy foil behind the Sheetrock walls I have three separate WiFi networks set up to get proper signal strength throughout the property.... the WiFi network on the top floor where my adult kids live is named "Freeloaders".... :D

They pay a modest rent, actually... ;)

Reminds me.... because the walls in my 140 year old house has this heavy foil behind the Sheetrock walls I have three separate WiFi networks set up to get proper signal strength throughout the property.... the WiFi network on the top floor where my adult kids live is named "Freeloaders".... :D

How did you set that up?

Dude can take off the tin foil hat when he's at home. Cool.

Interesting....

The appraisals were done more than 18 months ago, perhaps this is no longer available. What a great way to spend retirement years though. Get together with two or three other retirees, would be an interesting and fun venture...

How did you set that up?

I have one WiFi router set up as the DHCP router that handles assigning all the IP addresses to every connected device (they usually come out of the box that way) and named the WiFi network "StomperRoom-1", then I have two other routers that I changed the settings to function as a "Gateway" one is connected to the DHCP router via a Cat5 Ethernet cable that I ran in the crawl space and named it's WiFi network "StomperRoom-2", the other is upstairs configured the same way with the WiFi named "Freeloaders" and it's connected via adaptors that work through the house electrical wiring as there isn't a viable way to run Ethernet cable from one point to another without tearing stuff up.... and it works great.

They now have decently performing "mesh" networks that operate seamlessly through linked nodes/repeaters that allow you to walk through your property without fiddling around with connecting to different WiFi networks to get the best signal & bandwidth.

It's on my "to do list" to swap it all out... but it's towards the bottom ATM. ;)

Check out this link, it shows several different options: The Best Wi-Fi Mesh Network Systems for 2019

OK..... back on topic!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews