JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else here have ''Rocks'' in their head ? :s0107: Show us any kind of Rocks you may have, and if you don't know what they are I might know !:s0083: Any Rock'll Do, I sound like a Rooster. Precious, Semi-Precious or even ''Leaverites'' - Leave Em right there cause they ain't worth nothin ! :s0077: Rock On ! :s0069:

Yeah same here, my grandparents where. They spent days and days dragging home Bruno Jasper, petrified wood, geodes and anything else they could pull out of the hills. They made several tables that where polished rocks cast in acrylic that where really cool.

Ooo, working on dinner know....I'll get you something. Dad was a rockhound and we used to go into the desert in Utah on the Honda 90s and haul out some good sized petrified rock. Got some mica, thunder eggs, trilobites, some stuff I have no idea what it is. I think I've got a small pile of petrified poop.?

Mike

Found a meteorite once.
I gave it away to a friend who used it to make a really cool Bowie knife.
Man that thing could keep an edge.

I had an aunt and uncle that were rock hounds, and they said if you want to become one, buy a bag of marbles first.
Then, every time you find a rock you want to keep, pick it up and leave a marble in its place.

And when you've lost your marbles, you'll know you're a rock hound!

I dunno, but that's what they told me!

Last Edited:
rocks1.jpg rocks2.jpg rocks3.jpg You can see here that I have Rocks all over my House. These are just a few !

That's were I got the idea. He was suppose to make two hunting knives. One for me and one for him.
I lugged that heavy rock for over six miles out of the Arizona desert and never did see a dime after he sold that knife.

That's were I got the idea. He was suppose to make two hunting knives. One for me and one for him.
I lugged that heavy rock for over six miles out of the Arizona desert and never did see a dime after he sold that knife.
You sure he made a knife with it ?:s0076: Certain kinds of Meteorites are worth BIG $s !:s0163: Oregon has some of the biggest Meteorites in the WORLD, there is one that landed near Port Orford and another in the Willamette Valley. :s0083:

This all happened in 1980 the week when Mt. St. Helens blew it's top.
Someone else had found it, marked it with a pile of rocks by the side of the trail that led up to an abandoned silver mine.
From what I was told, it wasn't one of those museum pieces, just a fist sized lump of heavy iron.
My friend was learning metallurgy and blacksmith forging, so I gave it to him expecting something in return.

That just sucks! It sounded so cool, I was going to ask if you could post a photo of it! Bet he made some big $$$$ on that!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top