JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sure. I use a simple Power Dogg. Very rugged and effective. I think I got it for like $70 brand new a couple years ago.
I don't think you need to spend $2-300 or build/cobble one yourself.

s7_229309_121_03.jpg

theres always the foxpro! the primos turbo dog does good except if the volume is turned all the way up the speaker crackles. called lots of crows in with it

I've had a lot of Foxpro's and still have one they all have had to go back to foxpo for some type of problem.
I just bought a Convergent HP call that use's your smart phone as the remote via bluetooth.
I realy like it and it's only $249.00 cause you already have the remote.

used a few different brands of electronic game calls over the years. Started with FoxPro and ended back in the end, with FoxPro .
Best bang for the Buck-$ is .. foxPro ( Hell Fire ), 16 bit, 12-volt . with it's factory support for easy uploading of adding new calls off your PC . dumping and adding is easy .
Hell Fire model has good sound quality and it does not distort when you up the volume & you can (plug-in) add an extra speaker cone also . rugged built and Easy packing when hunting and the Remote is pretty user friendly .

The Top-End FoxPro calls are the 24 Bit sound and 24-volt systems . but they are pretty pricey but just have killer volume for people who live in the wide-open spaces where there is miles of space & high wind that eatup sound . but that much volume Not really needed for this part of the NW .

I have called In and Popped Dogs with all the electronic calls I have used but 'just saying', the Hell Fire model is pretty good and does and covers all the bases for what do .

first off do not spend more than $100.00 on any call, I had the power dogg for 6 years and killed a truck load of coyotes with it, it finally broke this year, I just got the new primos dog catcher for $58.00 and already have called in 20 and killed 9 ( the story on that is at predators west) it has 12 sounds and I never use them all, most of the new hi tech callers have problems with cold temp, the screens are hard to see in daylight, you can program them but when you change the batteries you start over and really 100 sounds , and who in there right mind would set the call 300 yards out?? I kill between 30 and 50 coyotes a year and have never used more than 4 sounds, the purpose of the caller is to distract your position and overload the dogs senses (read about this coyote 101) save your money for gas and ammo.

there are to many other items you will need to spend your money on, ammo, gas, a good rifle, maybe some camo you don't need it but if you do read coyote 101 first, after you get some kills in and you want to have a shiny new high tech gadget go for it, just wait, there is a big difference calling in a dog with hand calls over the ecaller it gets much more personal with the hand calls. pm me I will mail you some free stuff to get you started.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top