JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been watching In Range TV on YouTube for the past few months and I really like how they set up their competitions. Is there anything like that in the Salem area?

I went to a 3 gun match at ARPC and I'm not really a fan of how they treat the shotgun from a practical standpoint and I also don't currently have a shotgun suitable for 3 gun so I would have to buy another gun and the shotguns I saw also didn't really seem very practical to me with magazine tubes that extend 6-10 inches past the end of the barrel.

Been shooting PR @ TCGC for 18 years....its fun, but a little stagnant lately since we havent been able to use the gravel pit. I would still reccomend it for a "starter" competition as all you need s a rifle and the ability to safely follow instructions. ARPC still do action rifle? That was a similar comp...

OP's question is related to practical rifle and 2 gun, no shotgun. It is sad practical rifle or rifle pistol competitions are not more popular.

The biggest problem with 3 gun type competitions is the shotgun. Most people already have a rifle and a pistol they could use to be competitive in a practical competition. However, three gun competitions seem to be a shotgun race. That takes away from the other firearm platform skills.

My complaint and reason I have never been interested in 3 gun is the shotgun. Get rid of it and competition participation would increase substantially. Who loads a shotgun tactically? Only 3 gunners, because if you have a pistol or rifle available, an empty shotgun is useless.

Correct me if I am wrong, please discuss.

My understanding is that sometimes the TriCounty match doesn't include shotguns. I could be wrong though, I would check with the MD and if so, find out which matches don't include it.

OP's question is related to practical rifle and 2 gun, no shotgun. It is sad practical rifle or rifle pistol competitions are not more popular.

The biggest problem with 3 gun type competitions is the shotgun. Most people already have a rifle and a pistol they could use to be competitive in a practical competition. However, three gun competitions seem to be a shotgun race. That takes away from the other firearm platform skills.

My complaint and reason I have never been interested in 3 gun is the shotgun. Get rid of it and competition participation would increase substantially. Who loads a shotgun tactically? Only 3 gunners, because if you have a pistol or rifle available, an empty shotgun is useless.

Correct me if I am wrong, please discuss.
Many of the 3 gun matches allow you to choose which weapon to engage targets with. some of the guys go out there with pumps and do just fine.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top