JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tons. Between Albany, Tri County and Douglas Ridge you should be able to find one you like.

No on the membership. I'm no help on the benchrest matches, but as far as other types of matches, I can recommend the rimfire steel matches at DRRC and CRGC. While not a rimfire steel match per se' (not limited to strictly rimfire), ARPC has a speed steel match where the majority of the shooters run some form of .22.
Ruger 10/22's and S&W 15-22's are quite popular.

TCGC has a speed steel match that is near identical to ARPC's, but I no longer recommend it. YMMV

If any of those matches above sound interesting to you and you want more details, ask away here or you can PM me as well.

You can shoot 22 RF at ARPC High Power matches. The match was opened to include rimfire for ammo cost or allow people to use what they have. Since then, nobody has brought a rimfire to shoot the match yet.

Not much into the speed steel matches. I don't own a semi auto rimfire these days except for a couple pistols- mostly prefer bolt action rimfires and my ARs these days. Just getting too old for that these days at 70.. Four position or RFBR would be interesting. I may have to go to a couple matches to see how they run them, what the rules are, etc.... and get comfortable.
I have a variety of rimfires to choose from so I guess I could outfit myself for any one of the disciplines and give it a try.

Do they have these matches listed on their websites or???? and contact persons?????

Thanks,
Bob

Any Rimfire Competitions going on from roughly Albany north to the Portland, Hillsboro, Yamhill valley area?

@Kimber Custom might be helpful to you...

Not much into the speed steel matches. Just getting too old for that these days at 70..

Thanks,
Bob
Never too old! I'm almost 69 and I still shoot them. Of course my reflexes have slowed down, but they are still fun. Definitely check with Kimber Custom, he probably has lots of good info.

Thanks guys- I'll be checking that out and hope to make it to the matches...
ARPC's speed steel match is this coming Sunday. We have a regular speed steel shooter that is well into his 80's. There is also a husband and wife team that shoots too. I don't know their actual ages, but my guess is late 70's at least.

While my squad mates and I can get pretty competitive, a very big component of shooting these matches as well as others, is to not take yourself too seriously and to have a safe and fun time exercising your 2A rights with like minded folks. :)

I hope you are able to find a match/discipline that "floats your boat". It's a worthwhile endeavor. YMMV

There is also a member here doing a rimfire postal match. Not my cup of tea, but could be for you?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top